Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Idle/idling problem and loss of power

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2013, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Idle/idling problem and loss of power

So today I was driving my Evo 8 GSR and I noticed that it was having a problem keeping an idle around 8-900 as usual and was more around 6-700. I then got a SES light on and I used my code reader to pull a p0505 code. This is upsetting because I had this code about 2 months ago and installed a new IAC motor and haven't had any problems since. I was hoping that it was a false alarm but the signs looked to be all there, I thought at worst I might just need a new IAC again.
I then went for a drive and could feel a definate loss of power through alll gears. It feels like the turbo is VERY VERY slowly kicking in gradually as I hit WOT. Then after trying to speed up a few times to test what was wrong I came to a stop light and the idle came down to around 1200 rpm and stayed there.
The rest of the 10 minute drive I took it kinda easy just in case but by the time I got to my destination the idle would come down to 2000 rpm and just stay there as if I had the foot on the pedal. I turned off the car, then turned it on again after 2 minutes and the same thing happened where the idle was stuck at 2000rpm and wouldn't go down. Then I left it for 15 minutes, started it again and it was now low again as before, around 6-700rpm.
I'm hoping its just the IAC again but last time I had problems with the IAC I never witnessed a loss in power, only a low idle. Could there be a leak of some kind? I've done a little research and maybe a boost leak? Would that give me a low idle though? I'm afraid to drive my car without figuring out what is wrong so someone please help me out!!! Thanks.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 05:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anybody have any suggestions at all???