Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bad vibration and shaking!

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2013, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bad vibration and shaking!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is guide me to the light (: but today on my way home from work in the highway my steering wheel started to shake pretty good, and then I felt a constant and consistent vibration in the gas pedal, I though I had a flat tire cause that's what it sounded like, so I pulled over and checked and no flat or low tires, so I continue to drive home and there some curves near my house, nothing too harsh but I realized when going around them I heard a pop come from the right side and continued driving another 10 mins home, jacked the car up, everything looks fine, just got a reputable to install a 90k mile maitnance package(all belts, timing belt, water pump, trans Fluid, diff fluid, and a stg 1 hd clutch, oh and tie rod ends because mine were pretty bad. this has been about 5 days from the install and ita been a beauty since, so I doubt it has anything to do with it just throwing it out. But the tie rod ends look great and are tight, as well as the axles pretty tight, a little wiggly at the diff in both side but I guess that normal?but what did conserned me was when I wiggled the wheels in and out and left to right, the left side was fine, no movement at all but the right moved in and out and left to right about a 1/8 of an inch if that, my friend says it could be a wheel bearing but that doesn't explain the pop when turning? Can I get some opinions plz and Ty!
Old May 23, 2013, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I would def have it back at the shop that did the work, can't say I would drive it, but that's on you. Sounds like something is loose or a failed part.