Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Hoping to be some quick help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 07:04 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoping to be some quick help

Hey guys, I recently just got my car up and going again, however, I have a knocking noise/vibration, I can hear while deaccelling, with the clutch pedal out (as if it is in gear), and I can feel the knocking/noise in the clutch pedal only. When I first heard the sound I thought it was a rod knock or piston slap (which is a worry to me as that is what gave out in my car before causing me to do the build on my car).

So, I'm thinking the TOB isn't latched on there fully. Only reason why I say that is because when I was putting everything back together, I pushed the clutch pedal down after mounting my slave cylinder, and the pedal stuck to the floor. After getting it back up, I noticed my clutch fork didn't look right, so I grabbed it and it moved fairly freely (not connected to the pressure plate). So I took the fork and in a quick movement pulled the top of the fork away from the engine and it stayed there. I had a clutch pedal again and it engages and disengages the clutch fine. HOWEVER, I get a LOT of noise, and some gears are hard to get into without holding the shifter in the gear spot while rolling out on the clutch. Now with previous experiences that makes me think TOB, but the bearing is a brand new OEM I put in there as I was putting everything back in the car.

So my question is, how do I tell if the TOB isn't in all the way? And if it's not, how can I go about making it all the way in without pulling a bunch of stuff off to get to it (pulling that trans and tcase was NOT easy using a jack and jackstands so I'd prefer NOT to take it back out lol)? I'm just trying to see if I put the TOB in all the way and everything shifts fine and feels fine, if it still has the noise (input shaft and or input shaft bearing), or if it is fine. (transmission is a fresh rebuilt one too so I'm pretty sure it's not the bearing, but you never know)

Thanks in advance for the input and help you guys give here.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 06:13 AM
Account Disabled

Nevermind guys, I figured it out last night
Old Jun 18, 2013, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well what was it?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

Well I actually had 2 issues, 1 the Transfer Case was empty on fluid, filled that up and bled it, took most of the sound away, then I had all my flywheel bolts back out. So that was that issue.