Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Drivetrain noise coming from the rear passengers side

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drivetrain noise coming from the rear passengers side

Hey guys,

I'm glad to be back on the forums after a long time! Unfortunately, I'm having an issue with my evo. I had a leak in my roof and the interior got wet so it was completely gutted and I ended up getting busy with other things and the car sat in the same place for about a year and a half.

The car was put back together a couple weeks ago and tuned and it's been running pretty good aside from a noise I keep hearing coming from the rear of the car. When I step on the gas it sounds like something scrapes and the noise becomes louder, as soon as I let go off the gas, the pitch changes, and when I get on the gas again the noise gets louder.

When I put the car in neutral and go down a hill, it's silent at low speeds but once it starts picking up speed I do notice a sound in the same area towards the back of the car on the passenger side. Although it's not a high pitch sound like when getting on the gas.

I put a video together, you'll notice when I get on and off the gas it makes a different pitch and the noise continues. In the video I get off the gas at 0:12 and back on at 0:13. Back off the gas at 0:17 and on at 0:18 and I repeat.

Please let me know if you guys have any ideas. I've done some searches but haven't been able to find anything.

Thank you in advance for the help.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The high pitch sound or that clunking noise? High pitch sounds like tcase. The clunk I have no idea
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you checked all the drive train fluids. Did you look at the axles, driveshaft, wheel bearing. It really could be a number of things you will have to start checking things and start narrowing it down.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The whine sounds like Tcase whine