Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Bee*R troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bee*R troubleshooting

Wondering if anybody has experience with the Bee*R two-step rev limiter. I picked up one dirt cheap and decided to give it a try.

First I cut the grey wire loop, leaving the brown and white intact (for four-cylinder application).

Next I tapped the green wire into the crank position sensor signal wire on the ECU.

Then I tapped the yellow wire into the RPM signal wire on the ECU.

And finally I connected the black to a ground under the dash and the red wire to a switched power source on a fuse.

That's supposed to be all there is to it from what I've read. Now instead of cutting at the set ignition level, the engine starts normally, but the light flashes quickly every few seconds or so, the RPMs stutter and it is barely driveable. This happens no matter how I adjust the knobs. When I try to test the rev limiter, the RPMs stutter as if they're being cut, but as soon as the cut ends, they climb higher and higher until it hits the stock fuel-cut rev limiter. If I disconnect the power wire, everything returns to normal except for the tachometer going dead.

I've triple-checked the wiring and everything seems okay. I'm thinking the Bee*R unit itself may be defective?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this all on an evo 8 im assuming since evo 9s have a factory 2 step already.

for one even if it was dirt cheap you wasted your money. activating two step on an evo 8 is as simple as well activating it in the stock ecu... you use ecuflash and a tactrix cable to do so and it is totally adjustable to whatever rpm you desire... and if you want to take it a step further you can enable a launch map using tephra v7 and build boost on two step. with my current maps i leave the line at 24psi.

I highly suggest if your new to evos (which is what it seems since you bought something that isnt needed) to do your research, instead of chomping at the bit to buy parts that are useless and not needed, when the same can be done on the stock ecu.

and if its not an evo 8 your talking about it might help if you specify more clearly which model your working on.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by awdordie
this all on an evo 8 im assuming since evo 9s have a factory 2 step already.

for one even if it was dirt cheap you wasted your money. activating two step on an evo 8 is as simple as well activating it in the stock ecu... you use ecuflash and a tactrix cable to do so and it is totally adjustable to whatever rpm you desire... and if you want to take it a step further you can enable a launch map using tephra v7 and build boost on two step. with my current maps i leave the line at 24psi.

I highly suggest if your new to evos (which is what it seems since you bought something that isnt needed) to do your research, instead of chomping at the bit to buy parts that are useless and not needed, when the same can be done on the stock ecu.

and if its not an evo 8 your talking about it might help if you specify more clearly which model your working on.
It says that he drives a '01 Eclipse, I know nothing of DSMs but they've successfully installed evo 8 ecus on them. Wouldn't he be much better of with an evo 8 ecu or is not as simple as that?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 08:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Faisalm
It says that he drives a '01 Eclipse, I know nothing of DSMs but they've successfully installed evo 8 ecus on them. Wouldn't he be much better of with an evo 8 ecu or is not as simple as that?
Right, sorry should've mentioned that, it's on an '01 4G64/G4JS DOHC Eclipse. I've been doing fine tuning the stock ECU so far, hence I didn't want to jump on a whole new ECU for the two-step functionality alone. But it's starting to look like a better option for a multitude of reasons lol
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LaFuriaRoja01
Right, sorry should've mentioned that, it's on an '01 4G64/G4JS DOHC Eclipse. I've been doing fine tuning the stock ECU so far, hence I didn't want to jump on a whole new ECU for the two-step functionality alone. But it's starting to look like a better option for a multitude of reasons lol
If you want a personal opinion, I would just change ECU since you'd benefit from it more.

If you just want the 2-step though, I don't think many Evo owners have used this lol. You might not be so lucky with feedback. Hopefully you do!