Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

please help diagnose my problem

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2014, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont understand how YOUR wideband you installed cutting off completely would have anything to do with Mitsubishi being complete **** at 100k but ok..

I understand its frustrating for something random like this every once and a while, but it has to be something simple, or it wouldnt just go away.

What ROM are you running?
What GAS are you on? E85/Pump?
Have you replaced a fuel filter?
Done spark plugs?
I would check connections at your COP splices.
Injectors could be bad, Maybe one is going, Get a test on them.

Easier to Eliminate one at a time, than just throw parts at it. (AND CHEAPER)
Old May 30, 2014, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i get mad over annoying things like this. especially at people who dont read through the entire post or pay enough attention and then reply and make suggestions that have been covered. so here goes

as for the rom its on 94170715 ( i havent stated that previously so good question)

as for gas its on 93 pump ( again good question since it wasnt mentioned)

no i havent replaced the filter but it isnt in horrible condition ( see previous picture that i posted of sending unit)

spark plugs are changed and gapped with a champion spark plug gapper every oil change using ngk br8es plugs.... its not the plugs they have been changed less than 2k miles ago, and i know the difference in a champion gapper and the 50c o reilleys gapper and how it can be off by as much as .010 had it happen before and had horrible spark blowout and threw o reilley gapper in garbage.

this one is what irritates me... car doesnt have a cop setup on it at the moment. i have stated i have a cop setup with two bad coils and it sounds exactly like it, but its intermittent, and when the coils on the cop setup went, they did not cause a lean condition, they caused a rich condition. .

as for injectors, logs look ok to me but i could be wrong, guess ill pull each one and test them this weekend.

i know, but without a cel or something obvious and it just coming and going as it pleases it makes it harder to diagnose the problem.

and i never once stated mitsubishis are pieces of **** because of my wideband going out. i stated that they are pieces of **** because every one i have owned has went to **** after 100k miles.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by awdordie
i get mad over annoying things like this. especially at people who dont read through the entire post or pay enough attention and then reply and make suggestions that have been covered. so here goes

as for the rom its on 94170715 ( i havent stated that previously so good question)

as for gas its on 93 pump ( again good question since it wasnt mentioned)

no i havent replaced the filter but it isnt in horrible condition ( see previous picture that i posted of sending unit)

spark plugs are changed and gapped with a champion spark plug gapper every oil change using ngk br8es plugs.... its not the plugs they have been changed less than 2k miles ago, and i know the difference in a champion gapper and the 50c o reilleys gapper and how it can be off by as much as .010 had it happen before and had horrible spark blowout and threw o reilley gapper in garbage.

this one is what irritates me... car doesnt have a cop setup on it at the moment. i have stated i have a cop setup with two bad coils and it sounds exactly like it, but its intermittent, and when the coils on the cop setup went, they did not cause a lean condition, they caused a rich condition. .

as for injectors, logs look ok to me but i could be wrong, guess ill pull each one and test them this weekend.

i know, but without a cel or something obvious and it just coming and going as it pleases it makes it harder to diagnose the problem.

and i never once stated mitsubishis are pieces of **** because of my wideband going out. i stated that they are pieces of **** because every one i have owned has went to **** after 100k miles.
This is old but did u find the problem?