Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

im ready to build my engine .. Opinions in which company to do it with or shop????

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2014, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im ready to build my engine .. Opinions in which company to do it with or shop????

Hey guys like the tittle said im rdy to build my engine and was wondering who has experience with good shops or company that do engine build for the evo and they LAST of course .. Dont mind shipping engine just want quality work that is reliable and last .. Thanks
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TSCOMPTUNED all day long! Tom is awesome to talk to, knowledgable, and responds quickly. I had dealt with a bunch of builders that were not fun to deal with at all, so hopefully I can save you the headache as well, I just received my engine back last week and in the process of putting it back together.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts
TSCOMPUSA for engine all the way.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
How can either of you guys comment and recommend an engine built by him? Neither one of you have actually ran one built by him...
Old Oct 1, 2014, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Buschur Racing. I followed the stages and my car is fast and fun! Can't ask for much more than that.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Does TSCOMP have a machine shop???
i thought he just tuned cars and bolted up motors that were already "built"
Old Oct 1, 2014, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Tscomp has a machine shop who does his machine work that is very good. He then checks every clearance and assembles the entire engine using super precision instruments. If there is any error on machine work he gets it fixed before a customer would ever see it. FYI BR doesn't have there own machine shop either. I don't know many shops that do because the machines are VERY expensive and to know how to use them is a career of its own.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
makes sense.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
English Racing is where it's at in my opinion. I have a 2.2SLR on the way and they were very informative when I placed my order.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Tom (tscompusa) is very meticulous with the machine shop he uses, assembly, and measuring. The precision tools he has to make sure your engine is 100% likely costs more than the engine itself. He's the only person I would use to build your motor.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
How can either of you guys comment and recommend an engine built by him? Neither one of you have actually ran one built by him...
I have close friends who run his motors, they work well

Last edited by badev0; Oct 2, 2014 at 09:15 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by badev0
Agreed, he is meticulous and does not rush what he does. When I first contacted him he explained in great detail his process, his tools, and what you should expect from his services! Great guy, I am confident in recommending him.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
I have his first motor he ever built "in my garage." Its made 600-750whp since ive owned it. Its been on 500 mile road trips to OH and back. I currently have 12,000 miles on the motor not one problem.

Originally Posted by hutch959
Does TSCOMP have a machine shop???
i thought he just tuned cars and bolted up motors that were already "built"
He has a local shop he uses down the road from his house.

Originally Posted by batty200
Tscomp has a machine shop who does his machine work that is very good. He then checks every clearance and assembles the entire engine using super precision instruments. If there is any error on machine work he gets it fixed before a customer would ever see it. FYI BR doesn't have there own machine shop either. I don't know many shops that do because the machines are VERY expensive and to know how to use them is a career of its own.

Originally Posted by badev0
And one of them would be me!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks for the referrals everyone i appreciate it! Anyone who does go with me for engines (a lot of my customers do now, which I'm very thankful for), should be very confident everything is done right and put together carefully.

The machine shop 5 minutes from my house I use for hot tank/wash, bore, hone, etc, (Thanks Adam for the wonderful referral) has been around for over 60 years & update their machines quite frequently. I also do have a lot of money invested in measuring tools personally. Mostly all Mitutoyo branded stuff.

My tools can see .0001" of an inch changes just on a few degrees of room temperature change. When building I keep the garage around 70F or so & sealed.

I have started to document all the builds now on my facebook, and this really seems to help my customers out when it comes time if they want to sell their car, or show proof of engine work.

Thanks again for the referral guys I really appreciate it. Just like tuning, I understand I have to work my way up to get reputable for building engines.

Here is the album link on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/TSCOM...=photos_albums

Also my pricing is very competitive, so feel free to pm me. Remember right at this time i do not have a physical shop, so i have no overhead really. Because of this, i hand my customers that discount. This is how im able to sell you guys parts and things like this cheaper then other places that make / have a lot more money then me in general. I've always been this way when selling products. Instead of making $60 a part, I will make $30. I believe being like this is how you win over the customers, because they see you really care about them, and try to give them the best price you possibly can.

To date ive built around roughly 30 engines, and have no failures yet. I believe there's around at least 7-8 full documentation albums on my facebook.

If I don't respond by PM just email tom@tscomptuned.net

Thanks again.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You are welcome for the recommendation. They are good guys who do very good work. I trust them explicitly. I don't have the tools to check so I just pay them to do all measurements and machine work.

Quick Reply: im ready to build my engine .. Opinions in which company to do it with or shop????