Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

The next evolution of the Bad Bish

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't wait to see where this goes.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Update on the build.

Dave got the engine and trans out yesterday. We then tackled the front end, removed the factory front subframe, sway bar, steering rack etc. We now have the spindles in, rotors figured out, suspension mounted. So far it's come out unbelievably well and has been easy. It's going to get tougher in the days to come.

The interior is coming out now so we can start moving wiring, fuel and brake lines etc. Oddly enough, it appears that if i wanted to take the easy way out the engine/trans will go in with no cutting of the tunnel but I haven't confirmed it yet. I won't do that anyway as I want to get the weight back in the car some.

For those talking about it being a "drag car", "hating the project" etc., it's all good. Luckily for me it's my car to do what I feel with. The last "drag car" I built was the '32 Ford, I got that response from using a TH400 in that too, it now has 4,000 trouble free cruising miles on it in the last two years. That's about 3,850 more miles than my EVO has gotten on it in the last four years.

I'll post up some progress pictures at some point.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Also, about the clutch less four speed project. We are putting together one trans that will be good for 400 whp and I wouldn't expect issues and then the billet trans that was in the car too. I have someone interested in buying the project and finishing it, I'd prefer one guy buy it all to turn it into money.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is great to see still remaining a few shops doing things with this platform!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Roberto774
Is great to see still remaining a few shops doing things with this platform!
*facepalm*
Old Oct 28, 2014, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
^^ agreed.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur

For those talking about it being a "drag car", "hating the project" etc., it's all good. Luckily for me it's my car to do what I feel with. The last "drag car" I built was the '32 Ford, I got that response from using a TH400 in that too, it now has 4,000 trouble free cruising miles on it in the last two years. That's about 3,850 more miles than my EVO has gotten on it in the last four years.

I'll post up some progress pictures at some point.
how can you compare a 32 ford build to modifying an evo? who the heck would even care what drive train goes into a completely custom old ford build? just as long as it still doesnt use the original 65hp lump its all entertainment. the EVO build however is a little different. people on evo forums do care. 95% looking on would clearly call it "no longer an evo". you dont get to turn engine sideways, use a RWD american design transmission and rear end, and still call it an evo. the impressive mitsubishi AWD street performance is completely gone. the true spirit of an evo completely gone. and then you are on facebook asking if anybody cares if you can change class rules so the car can still compete in the class you would like at the shootout. yeah Dave, do what you want. its your car your shootout. its all good with me too
Old Oct 30, 2014, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
how can you compare a 32 ford build to modifying an evo? who the heck would even care what drive train goes into a completely custom old ford build? just as long as it still doesnt use the original 65hp lump its all entertainment. the EVO build however is a little different. people on evo forums do care. 95% looking on would clearly call it "no longer an evo". you dont get to turn engine sideways, use a RWD american design transmission and rear end, and still call it an evo. the impressive mitsubishi AWD street performance is completely gone. the true spirit of an evo completely gone. and then you are on facebook asking if anybody cares if you can change class rules so the car can still compete in the class you would like at the shootout. yeah Dave, do what you want. its your car your shootout. its all good with me too
You are not understanding the reason behind this build. The FUN FACTOR is what has been driving David to pursue an auto in his Evo.

Fun Factor = Not having to repair expensive driveline components that are a result of the power level and his desire to have a consistent competitive vehicle.

I did not know he was changing the rear. You must have some inside information

Do you actually think David cares what the Evo community thinks? This is for his pleasure, not theirs.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Thought he was using a 3000gt rear.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vaflyboi757
Thought he was using a 3000gt rear.
He is, it's on the first post of this thread on page 1.

I'm not on either side and could care less one way or the other. That said, this one is more Evo than that one guy who was posting up time slips that is essentially kinda somewhat of an Evo still. I will say, when I had my SRT-10 truck, many guys in that community switched out their rear axles for one-off built rears or heavier duty GM ones. One guy converted his regular cab with the 6spd tranny to a GM 6spd auto with paddle shifters and that thing was bad as ****. Other guys swapped out the crappy factory auto in the 4-door 10's to various GM autos or swapped the 2-door 6spd tranny into the 4-door. All of these changes were made to increase reliability/drive-ability and most importantly, handle the TQ made by the Viper V-10 engine and improve the driveline which is notoriously weak in the SRT-10 trucks. NO ONE made a stink or accused those guys of not being "pure" SRT-10's anymore. It was actually applauded because they found better solutions outside of the Dodge/Mopar parts bin to improve their vehicles and it was innovative (albeit not cheap).

All of that said, I'll propose a philosophical question: What makes you "you", your brain or your entire body? As in, if my brain was removed and placed in another body (hypothetically), am I the person whose body I'm now in or am I still the same person because I retain my memories and thoughts? So, what makes an Evo an Evo? The engine purely or every single component of the Evo car as it came from the factory?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

I like it! If we all weren't unique, this would be a boring *** world.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Thank you very much for your input.........

The car will compete in Max Effort and Quick 32 at the Shootout, per the popular opinion.

As for what I do and what you think of it, it's all good.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Roadrunr
You are not understanding the reason behind this build. The FUN FACTOR is what has been driving David to pursue an auto in his Evo.

Fun Factor = Not having to repair expensive driveline components that are a result of the power level and his desire to have a consistent competitive vehicle.

I did not know he was changing the rear. You must have some inside information

Do you actually think David cares what the Evo community thinks? This is for his pleasure, not theirs.
Thank you my friend!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the way of the bish is different and unique in the way dave is going about it.... Providing a bolt on solution for engine/trans placement and not cutting/welding the frame will be a "Real" challenge...
The Norris Evo went this way but also had other frame modification's which imo sets it a part from the other record holding evo's that came before it.

It would be super cool to hear more detail's about where the auto trans project failed and what could have been improved on to get it working... If it was a money problem where he would be willing to continue the project with backing, dare I say open a "KickStarter" Campaign... That way potential buyers and supporters could put up the money in hopes of a product with a discount on the back end when its ready to be produced.... but probably too late for that.

Thats all form me, back to dreaming and good luck with the RWD EVO
Old Oct 30, 2014, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
UPDATE: Only GTRs and RWD Evos allowed at the Shootout! lol

Quick Reply: The next evolution of the Bad Bish