Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch disengagement issue

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2015, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch disengagement issue

So I have searched and searched but still have not come up with any real definitive information on this problem.

Backstory: In need of a clutch replacement so being low on disposable income I did the work myself. Car is a bone stock 03 evo 8.

Parts I Replaced:
New oem clutch disc and pressure plate
New oem tob
Resurfaced Flywheel
New oem slave cylinder

The issue: When I press the clutch pedal and start the car (keeping the pedal pushed down) it will smoothly go into gear and will drive just fine with smooth shifts. If I start the car release pressure on the clutch pedal and put the car in neutral it will not go into gear when I press the clutch pedal again. It wants to start moving forward even though I have the pedal pushed down. I have followed the clutch pedal adjustment guide and no matter how I adjust it the problem still continues. The clutch is not dragging because I can have it in first gear clutch pedal pushed in and rev to redline with no forward movement on a flat surface. I have properly bled the hydraulic system and have checked for air like 7 times and still nothing seems to work. The weird part is when the car will not go into gear I can push the clutch pedal down rev the car to about 3500 rpm and it will then smoothly shift into gear with no issue. It feels like the slave cylinder just isn't moving the pressure plate enough for it to disengage completely. I'm sort of stuck as I don't have a ton of mechanic knowledge and don't have the option to drop money on a shop to fix the problem. Just looking for guidance as to what the problem could be. Any help is appreciated.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well it's time to check the master Cyl.