Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Track use with MAP O2 Eliminator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2015, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Track use with MAP O2 Eliminator

This is a question for anyone running the o2 eliminator and that do lapping with their car. Did you notice any excessive heat or burning by running this? I was thinking about it last night, being on the track at WOT for a long time, might cause some overheating issues. If anyone has experience with this please comment.

My plan is to wrap the dp and to make a new body metal under tray, with an exhaust port for the dump pipe. Im hoping this would direct most of the hot exhaust under and away from the motor and transmission.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 05:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't see it as being any different than any other dump setup or really any exhaust setup on the track IMO.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I have a 02 dump on my Evo IX and I track it once sometimes twice a month. I have zero issues with my setup. I just feel bad for the people I pass driving Miata's.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by e_kobz
I have a 02 dump on my Evo IX and I track it once sometimes twice a month. I have zero issues with my setup. I just feel bad for the people I pass driving Miata's.
Haha thank you that was the answer I was looking for. I hit the track about the same amount so it's good to know you've had no issues