Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Vendors/people willing to mill two - 10 outputs on valve cover?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vendors/people willing to mill two - 10 outputs on valve cover?

After three different catch cans I found one that helps the best, radium. The issue, I'm assuming my crankcase pressure is high because I notice oil/gunk dripping from each hose ends (assuming it's forcing gunk out too quick for stock hose). I'm in the middle of installing a STM - 10 an fitting in the rear pcv side and out catch can stock routing to intake manifold. If this technique doesn't work I'll have to get 2 sides of valve cover milled and tapped - 10 an as well. I'm not comfortable doing this task myself and wanted to know if anyone provides this service? Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I drilled the baffling out. Drilled and tapped all the rivets for bolts. I have 2 -12 lines runing of my valve cover. It's simple. Just takes time and some correct tools. Expect 3-6 hours.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm sure someone would do it. But it's more time consuming then hard. So you'll end up paying a good chunk of money for something that isn't hard to do yourself......but it's up to you.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Justin @ Detective Coating can do it; probably pretty quick if you aren't getting the Valve Cover powder coated.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. After a few days of research I'm going to do either balance shaft breather (b.s. deleted already) or dipstick tube vent to see how those work. I'm not going to chance doing this myself at this point. The - 10an seems to be working great so far but haven't pushed it hard minus a few wot pulls.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by snafufx
Thanks for the suggestions. After a few days of research I'm going to do either balance shaft breather (b.s. deleted already) or dipstick tube vent to see how those work. I'm not going to chance doing this myself at this point. The - 10an seems to be working great so far but haven't pushed it hard minus a few wot pulls.
It so happens I have the STM dipstick vent as well. It's plumbed into a T-fitting feeding into my catch can with the STM -10 valve cover fitting.

Upside - Dipstick no longer has the urge to vacate the block at WOT.
Downside - AN Fitting faces towards the intake manifold. I would have preferred it to orientate towards the shock tower. Nothing that couldn't be fixed through selection of hose though.