Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Steering Wheel Click/Pop

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2015, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steering Wheel Click/Pop

Hey everybody,

I just recently ran into an issue and I can't tell what is going on. I drive an Evo 9 MR.

Recently the passenger side of my front bumper started to rub on my wheel well cover/plastic on the bottom whenever I made a left turn.

So naturally when I got home, I turned the wheel all the way to the left and fixed the bumper and such so that it was not rubbing on the tire. However, when I went to turn the wheel, instead of hitting a locking point, it started to make a clicking sound. The car was running however the key was in the ignition.

The best way for me to describe what it sounded and felt like, it what it feels like when you over tighten your gas cap and it makes the popping sound.

The steering wheel does not make the clicking sound when I just turn the wheel. It does not happen when I'm driving. When driving, the wheel locks and does not continue to turn once the wheels have turned all the way in either direction.

Any thoughts on what this might be?