Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 4 rear diff ayc problems !!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2015, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 4 rear diff ayc problems !!!

Hello guys I'm from new Zealand ! I have a 1996 evo 4 and I have recently replaced the rear differential. To do this I had to remove the ayc fluid lines. When I removed blown diff the fluid resivour was full and then obviously drained out when lines were removed. When I had put the new diff in and filled it up with gear oil and then atf fluid I could not get it too bleed and now the ayc light does not come on when the key is turned on to ignition. Why would it do this and why can I not get it to bleed ? I used the manual and steered the vehicle wheels clockwise for the left bleed screw and then vice versa for the right bleed screw but nothing worked ! Please help 😊
Old Oct 5, 2015, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey mate. If you don't have an evoscan/tactrix cable to actuate the pump with, you can turn the key from OFF to ON then push the throttle to 100% this should activate the pump for a few seconds. If that works, turn the wheels full lock each way to bleed each line. This sucks to do as it only primes for a couple seconds. If you can use a evoscan cable it is easier but basically the same process applies.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I prefer to put in my car an Evo 8/9 rear diff. Ayc in my evo sucks. Since I bring my Evo from Japan, never tour off the AYC light (5 years ago). I broke my AYC and replace it with Evo 9 rear diff.