Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Honest opinions on FIC 1450's please!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Honest opinions on FIC 1450's please!!!

Hey gang, I got a set of fic 1450's brand new, Heard and read alot of good/okay things about them before getting them, after i recieved them, i happened to have come across alot of negatives lol. Can you guys that use these please give me an honest opinion about these injectors? Thank you so much.

My mods are

stock evo 8 bottom end 100k miles
evo 9 turbo
ported oem turbo mani
22psi turbosmart wg
MAP o2 dump
full 3" turboback
wally 255
GSC S2's
supertech exhaust valves
supertech intake valves
supertech dual valvesprings
kiggly HLA
egr delete (head and manifold)
3mm thermal intake gasket.
fic1450's

still have the car apart, therefore have not used injectors yet. thank you for reading. your opinion will help alot.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Unless you're planning on going with a much larger turbo they're overkill for your current setup. You're planning on running E85 I hope
Old Feb 10, 2016, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

yes

e85, and i was going to use my fp red for this build, got rid of it, figured If im on the stock bottom end and would have to give ip torque, id go with a 9 turbo and get the most out of it with all the bolt ons. Bigger is okay because i guess it would just mean lower IDC's. but what im wondering is how is drivability, idle cold starts on these.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roni4g63
e85, and i was going to use my fp red for this build, got rid of it, figured If im on the stock bottom end and would have to give ip torque, id go with a 9 turbo and get the most out of it with all the bolt ons. Bigger is okay because i guess it would just mean lower IDC's. but what im wondering is how is drivability, idle cold starts on these.
Drivability is ok on e85 but was pretty bad on 93. Idle and cold starts was fine, right on 14.7 with the idle set to 1100 rpms. Tom at tscomptuned tuned my car. So if your plaining on running mainly e85 they are a decent injector. Hope this helps
Old Feb 11, 2016, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have 1450s and will never again go with a peak n hold low impedance injector. They require constant voltage which this injector is crap running e85. It's a old style injector. I'm now going with 2000id
Old Feb 11, 2016, 01:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
ID1300 /1700. Great driveability, fuel trims, cold start etc. Its a true Bosch injector made for Injector dynamics . The ID1700 is the same type of injector. I've been over 500whp on E85 for over a year and couldn't be happier.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

wow..

thank you for all of your responses and opinions, I honestly dont like to cut corners, and ordered these without much research really, Will most likely get rid of them since they are still brand nee in bubble wrap, and go with ID 1300's most likely.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 02:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The large low impedance injectors we came out with really opened the market up in a great way in the past when there weren't any other good options available. They performed much better and tuned much easier than comparable injectors of the size, and there are still quite a number of really happy customers using them today.

With that said, they're still old technology compared to modern Bosch injectors like our 1100cc high impedance injector which is going to be more linear at short pulse widths and be easier to tune as a result.
To make a good injector recommendation we'd really need to know what your power goals are, but our 1100cc injectors are really popular, and will support roughly 450 whp on E85 at 43.5psi and up over 500 whp on E85 at 58 psi base fuel pressure. If you need to go bigger, we also have a 1650cc injector available that you can also expect great results from (look up English Racing's video review on them including idle quality).

If you search reviews for these I'm confident you'll have all kinds of warm fuzzies afterwards. Like all of our injectors, they come with complete flow and latency data to make tuning a breeze.

They're really a great value with how good they are, so want to make sure you're looking at a fair comparison here across the newer technology high impedance injectors available.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

great info

Originally Posted by Fuel Injector Clinic
The large low impedance injectors we came out with really opened the market up in a great way in the past when there weren't any other good options available. They performed much better and tuned much easier than comparable injectors of the size, and there are still quite a number of really happy customers using them today.

With that said, they're still old technology compared to modern Bosch injectors like our 1100cc high impedance injector which is going to be more linear at short pulse widths and be easier to tune as a result.
To make a good injector recommendation we'd really need to know what your power goals are, but our 1100cc injectors are really popular, and will support roughly 450 whp on E85 at 43.5psi and up over 500 whp on E85 at 58 psi base fuel pressure. If you need to go bigger, we also have a 1650cc injector available that you can also expect great results from (look up English Racing's video review on them including idle quality).

If you search reviews for these I'm confident you'll have all kinds of warm fuzzies afterwards. Like all of our injectors, they come with complete flow and latency data to make tuning a breeze.

They're really a great value with how good they are, so want to make sure you're looking at a fair comparison here across the newer technology high impedance injectors available.
Thank you for the helpful info Bryan, increasing base pressure is done via an aftermarket/larger FPR correct?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 12:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Yes, and a gnarly fuel pump. Pumps flow less when fuel pressure is higher. When you raise pressure, you need to make sure the pump flows enough at that higher pressure.

Best to get an injector that works for your goals at 43.5psi base. The FIC 1650 hi-Z are great in my car.