Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Synapse Synchronic DV - Catastrophic Failure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Synapse is absolutely terrible about customer service. I have 3 open tickets with them

My DV has not cracked yet, but I did manage to strip the mounting threads even though I tried being super careful, the new cast body is just way easy to strip.
Ya that seems to be the case, no response or anything. Are they out of business or something?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by vr4gasmtt
Ya that seems to be the case, no response or anything. Are they out of business or something?
No, they just suck. If you complain about how ****ty their customer service is, they just reply with "We're not Walmart" As if that makes me feel better about getting no support
Old Feb 27, 2017, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Personally, as a design engineer myself their housing design sucks.
It is not robust enough.
O-ring design - sucks
Clamp design - sucks

The entire housing needs an overhaul from the design standpoint of assembly and from this post manufacturability.

... that being said, if you get it installed and dialed in properly it works very very well hahaha
Old Mar 2, 2017, 01:45 AM
Rom
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Synapse was just way too sensitive at part throttle no matter how I configured it (ports, direction, springs, etc). Could have been exacerbated by the fact I was running stock turbo (without anti-surge) at the time, but I'm switching to TiAL for the new build/turbo though
Old Mar 2, 2017, 03:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I suggest Greddy type FV. Very good piece and the best driving valve I've ever held
Old Mar 3, 2017, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
https://youtu.be/dOa_bbmlMC0

They've redesigned them, but still haven't replaced this one in the video. Its been like 7 months.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My current experience with synapse

Hey everyone just spent the few weeks dealing with synapse and my SB bov and wanted to share with you my experience. 1. Lets start with where I got it. I had purchased and SB synchronic blow off valve from thmotorsports.com. right away when I open the package I noticed there was some things missing; no recirculation fitment, as well as incorrect flanges. So right away I was upset that I wasn't able to use my new blow off valve right away I had contact eh Motorsports and got no help there they told me that no blow off valve comes with the recirculation fitment and I need to purchase it separately but they don't have it available so I contacted synapse after about 45 calls, a bunch of s*** talking on thier FB page after two weeks I was finally able to get ahold of someone and let me tell you trying to get remotely modest customer service is like pulling teeth with this company with that being said I opened up a ticket with them and they sent me all the parts that I was missing mind you it's been 3 weeks now since I had made my purchase.
2. After all assembly was complete (recirc) dialing this thing in was no walk in the park. After spending many hours doing research on what the best possible setup could be for this bov and my driving Style I still could not get this thing dialed in to save my life no matter what I did; port a used and port B vent to atmosphere. Or vice versa, tried using both ports a and b. Nothing i did got rid of the flutter that i now had and never had prior to this bov. I took it upon myself to really think about the Evo and what its likes and dislikes are and they do not like any type of leaks in the intake track whatsoever so I took it upon myself to use port A and completely seal off Port B. Viola! Setup is fantastic now, bov releases instantaneously every time with zero flutter at any PSI I release the throttle at. I wasnt able to find any help online that would relieve my problem so if anyone else has his blow off valve and has his problem I hope this helps also when it comes to dealing with synapse customer service just talk crap on their Facebook page as much as you can and that'll get you thier attention.
The following users liked this post:
IzzyRS (Apr 8, 2017)
Old Apr 7, 2017, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JRally
https://youtu.be/dOa_bbmlMC0

They've redesigned them, but still haven't replaced this one in the video. Its been like 7 months.
We'll be at a year soon on this one, still no replacement.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 09:15 PM
Rom
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by thenewguy
Hey everyone just spent the few weeks dealing with synapse and my SB bov and wanted to share with you my experience. 1. Lets start with where I got it. I had purchased and SB synchronic blow off valve from thmotorsports.com. right away when I open the package I noticed there was some things missing; no recirculation fitment, as well as incorrect flanges. So right away I was upset that I wasn't able to use my new blow off valve right away I had contact eh Motorsports and got no help there they told me that no blow off valve comes with the recirculation fitment and I need to purchase it separately but they don't have it available so I contacted synapse after about 45 calls, a bunch of s*** talking on thier FB page after two weeks I was finally able to get ahold of someone and let me tell you trying to get remotely modest customer service is like pulling teeth with this company with that being said I opened up a ticket with them and they sent me all the parts that I was missing mind you it's been 3 weeks now since I had made my purchase.
2. After all assembly was complete (recirc) dialing this thing in was no walk in the park. After spending many hours doing research on what the best possible setup could be for this bov and my driving Style I still could not get this thing dialed in to save my life no matter what I did; port a used and port B vent to atmosphere. Or vice versa, tried using both ports a and b. Nothing i did got rid of the flutter that i now had and never had prior to this bov. I took it upon myself to really think about the Evo and what its likes and dislikes are and they do not like any type of leaks in the intake track whatsoever so I took it upon myself to use port A and completely seal off Port B. Viola! Setup is fantastic now, bov releases instantaneously every time with zero flutter at any PSI I release the throttle at. I wasnt able to find any help online that would relieve my problem so if anyone else has his blow off valve and has his problem I hope this helps also when it comes to dealing with synapse customer service just talk crap on their Facebook page as much as you can and that'll get you thier attention.
I don't recall if I tried sealing port B... although now it's too late for me to try I'll be selling my Synchronic soon though, probably.

Thanks!

S.