Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost fluxiating

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2017, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost fluxiating

Hello I have a completely stock 05 RS I just bought the car a few months ago and I just recently noticed it was only pushing 1.0~1.1 bar and from what I've read it's supposed to be around 1.4 stock. I thought it was a boost leak until a few days ago it went down to .7 bar. The day after it went up to 1.3~1.4. It's been changing every day but it stays solid at one of those 3 until I shut the car off. From what I've read it looks like my boost control solenoid could be faulty. Or just a electrical problem in general. Lights flicker and my battery resets itself randomly. My middle light in the cluster just went out yesterday. Is there any way I can check if my solenoid is bad? I had my battery checked when I first got the car because of the lights flickering randomly.and the battery is good and alt is good.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
is your ground cable good? this seems like an electrical issue with all the other problems you're describing, not a mechanical issue
Old Jan 14, 2017, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by llDemonll
is your ground cable good? this seems like an electrical issue with all the other problems you're describing, not a mechanical issue
that's what I was thinking. I didn't know if it would mess with the boost like that.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:40 AM

Have you checked out wiring under the dash? There could be a chance wires may be touching. Previous owner could have installed boost, wideband gauge. Or alarm system. Food for thought. I had a problem similar to this on my integra.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by NotThisFool
Have you checked out wiring under the dash? There could be a chance wires may be touching. Previous owner could have installed boost, wideband gauge. Or alarm system. Food for thought. I had a problem similar to this on my integra.
This might be the problem too. If something is messing up the flow in the harness and the boost solenoid is only getting some juice would that be why it gives me different psi every time. I'll be checking wires and ground today to see if I can find out what's wrong.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 03:12 PM

May want to check the ecu plugs to. Sometimes if there was a wire tapped into an ecu plug they let the wire dangle
Old Jan 15, 2017, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
If the lights are flickering it could be the ECU is loosing power, shutting off and restarting. Settings in the engine computer may be getting erased.

Usually problems like this turn out to be simple, once found. Clean the battery connections and reconnect. Then start finding, cleaning and reassembling the ground connections.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Have you inspected the solenoid and lines going to gate and boost source?