Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How long will a ACT Clutch with street disk last?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How long will a ACT Clutch with street disk last?

My stock OEM clutch is slipping bad at 16k. I'm scheduled to have the clutch replaced with a ACT Model: MB7-HDSS. My concern is should I be installing a Exedy double disk carbon clutch or Exedy single disk cerametallic clutch for longer life? I'm running stock HP and may launch about 3 or 4 on the tach from red lights. Any other stock hp EVO owners with either of the clutches mentioned above care to inform me of the longevity of their clutches and their driving styles?

Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if your goign to be making launches use a kevlar full face spung hub... it will be very streetable and the kevalr will handle the drops... Plus its not outragously priced
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:31 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
i launch hard and run 11 second quarter miles and got the hd pressure plate and the more expensive full faced street disc and its great...just don't try to be a wimp with it or you will bake it....let it out fast when launching
Dave
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blue-evo8-03
My stock OEM clutch is slipping bad at 16k. I'm scheduled to have the clutch replaced with a ACT Model: MB7-HDSS. My concern is should I be installing a Exedy double disk carbon clutch or Exedy single disk cerametallic clutch for longer life? I'm running stock HP and may launch about 3 or 4 on the tach from red lights. Any other stock hp EVO owners with either of the clutches mentioned above care to inform me of the longevity of their clutches and their driving styles?

Go with the RPS clutch! It has Exedy Disc and comes throwout bearing for $650 shipped from Boost Solutions. I got it installed two week ago and love it!!!

It has the same clamping force as stock while ACT has double which may damge the TC on hard launch. It will last a long time.

Email Jt@turboclutch.com if you have any question about the clutch.
Old Sep 1, 2004, 11:43 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
stock clamping force is around 2100-2300 from what i remember....the act is only 2900 but has been tested to 3100 ....it will NOT shock the drivetrain....i rev to 6500 and let it out fast...its perfect...even with alll my power it doesn't slip or abuse anything...at worst it spins the tires and kicks the car sideways