Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GEICO Dropped My Evo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GEICO Dropped My Evo

Well, despite the fact that I haven't had a moving violation in over 8 years and that I've never made a collision claim, I just recieved notice that GIECO's underwriting department has declined coverage for my Evo for my upcoming policy renewal.

Their reason:
"To help keep our rates as low as possible, we occasionally have to tell a policyholder that we cannot continue insuring a particular vehicle because we feel it is necessary to protect the interests of our customers as a group. Certain vehicles, either because of their performance characteristics or type of construction, or excessive customizations do not fit into our pricing structure. Your 2003 Mitsubishi LANCREVAWD is such a vehicle."

I don't understand the idiots in underwriting. Clearly they are willing to **** away ALL of the business I send to GIECO. At one point I had 4 vehicles insured with them and an umbrella policy. No longer. GEICO can go **** in a hat!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

That blows. I have Metlife auto. Can't complain. I'm 23 I pay 386 a month.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

386 dollars a month! Are you serious?! that means you pay 4632 dollars a year. You are getting ripped. Ever think of switching to unitrdirect or esurance?
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:22 AM

you think they would have at least raised the rate instead of just dropping you

Originally Posted by propellerhead
Well, despite the fact that I haven't had a moving violation in over 8 years and that I've never made a collision claim, I just recieved notice that GIECO's underwriting department has declined coverage for my Evo for my upcoming policy renewal.

Their reason:
"To help keep our rates as low as possible, we occasionally have to tell a policyholder that we cannot continue insuring a particular vehicle because we feel it is necessary to protect the interests of our customers as a group. Certain vehicles, either because of their performance characteristics or type of construction, or excessive customizations do not fit into our pricing structure. Your 2003 Mitsubishi LANCREVAWD is such a vehicle."

I don't understand the idiots in underwriting. Clearly they are willing to **** away ALL of the business I send to GIECO. At one point I had 4 vehicles insured with them and an umbrella policy. No longer. GEICO can go **** in a hat!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"One 15 minute call, can tell a policyholder that we cannot continue insuring a particular vehicle because we feel it is necessary to protect the interests of our customers as a group."
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

I have Geico now but I was gonna drop em anyways and find one that doesn't empty my pockets as much.

"...have some pancake .... *****es"
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TurboWill
That blows. I have Metlife auto. Can't complain. I'm 23 I pay 386 a month.
wow...now I don't feel so bad!
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

If they do it to me they will loose all my insurance
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Do you race it or is it customized? I just talked to them and mine is ok. So I would think that if you are possibly using it for racing or such then of course they wouldnt want to insure you. But they said for just every day driving that the EVO is fine.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AUSS1E
If they do it to me they will loose all my insurance
Over the last 3 years I've paid GEICO over $8000 in insurance premiums. They will lose all of my business because of this. It's clear that they are only looking at the car and not other actuarial factors such as my age, marital status & driving record. Oh well...
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that. I would recomend trying esurance. I had an 02 Z06 that was covered by them and was involved in minor accident that nonetheless totaled 13k. They covered it no problem at any place I wanted to go. Then after the car was back in perfect condition, it was stolen. They gave me another 40k. I have been overall happy with them, and their rates were half of any other companies out there.
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AUSS1E
Do you race it or is it customized? I just talked to them and mine is ok. So I would think that if you are possibly using it for racing or such then of course they wouldnt want to insure you. But they said for just every day driving that the EVO is fine.
No, I do not race nor have I recorded any customizations with GEICO. I have no mods that I'd need covered by insurance.

It would not surprise me one bit if GEICO or some 3rd party hired to do reseach on particular car models is looking at forums such as this where I have discussed building my 2.3 stroker. It's not too hard for them to figure out who I am based on my old signature listing the cars I own and the location in my profile.
Evolved Member

allstate 2 houses and 4 cars i wreck my 1st 03 evo8 and they didnt drop me so i guess they are preatty good
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by propellerhead

Their reason:

Try Mercury or AAA - they have been good to me...

Brent
Old Mar 27, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_08
allstate 2 houses and 4 cars i wreck my 1st 03 evo8 and they didnt drop me so i guess they are preatty good
Allstate will never drop you. They just raise the premium rates through the roof if you have a collision.

Quick Reply: GEICO Dropped My Evo