Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I crashed my white EVO and got a ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I crashed my white EVO and got a ticket?

hi, boys and girls, I crashed my 03 white evo, to make the long story short, it was a cold slippery day, snow were on both side of road but not on the road. all of sudden I felt my car start to skid, and lost control. the car then spun out and i drove on the opposite side of curve and crash into the tree. I didn't see the ice, must be black ice. And I didn't hit anycar or anyone, just my evo and I got hurt. the police came gave me a reckless driving ticket...!!! i asked him why, he said cuz my car was broke badly that I must be driving fast. but there is no witness.

I am sure there are others on this forum got reckless driving ticket b4 and am sure that there are others crash their evo too. the court day is in mid May.

Your response is deeply appreciated!!

by the way, my car was totalled, the damage was servere, it can be fixed but i rather not to. this accident happend in Marlboro New Jersey.

Lucas
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

damn that sucks bro... thats kinda by me.. was it on Rt 9?

anyways i think your best option for this situation is to get a lawyer. Your right that there is no proof but cops could do that which sucks. To get a lawyer, its gonna cost pretty high maybe around $600-$700 fee plus court appearance fees. If you choose to get a lawyer, the prosecutor may drop it a couple of points and increase the fine, or just drop it completely being you have the lawyer with you. I think its worth it to have a lawyer instead of a 4 or 5 point ticket which will also increase ur insurance rates.

* oh yea.. since we both live in NJ : my mom is going thru something very similair with myyounger sister. NOW- if you get any tickets issued that are 4 points or over, the DMV is now starting to fine people. For every 4 points, you will get a $125 fee you have to pay to the DMV for 3 years. this really sucks but its a new law they just proposed.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:57 AM

sorry to hear, i'm betting the cop just judged you harshly becausyou were driving an evo, you should go fight the ticket in court, hope you win, and good luck
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

ouch im sorry to here that bro but for wreckless driving i would get a layer that handles tickets and let him fight it there is no proof that you were driving wreckless. also how did your insurance take it when they say a 30 thousand dollar car totalled ???? but at least your ok a car can be replaced bro. i got charged for wreckless one time from a cop took it to one of those ticket layers and the case was dropped bro
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Even if you didn't get a wreckless ticket you would get a careless ticket. I was told that the theory is now "if you were not being careless there would not have been an accident".

Stupid logic??!?!?

So I think the wreckless is worse but basically the same. If your state uses the points systems it is probably more points. If not is is more $$$ for sure.

Some battles you just can't win.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

you dont need a lawyer. Just go to court and plead not guilty. Since there is no witness and the officer was not present at time of accident. There is no proof against you. The cop is just being a dick and he has to give some kinda ticket. I got one before.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, dont you have the right to confront your accuser/witnesses (sp?)

Last edited by LEVIII; Apr 4, 2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope this wasn't because u had your "stock" Advans on... sucks to hear... hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:51 AM
Account Disabled

yes you are right, i had my stock advan on, i was thinking maybe i should tell them in court because manufacture suggest to change tire for winter but i didn't so it really wasn't that i drive reckless, it's just i dont have right equipment?
Originally Posted by rsboy
I hope this wasn't because u had your "stock" Advans on... sucks to hear... hope it works out for you.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

how long u had u r car?? is it 05 ??
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:01 PM
Account Disabled

hi

my car was 03, but i had less than a year, i bought in 04 as leftover
Originally Posted by striderx88
how long u had u r car?? is it 05 ??
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He said it was an 03 right in his first post....

Sorry to hear the bad news, but with all the horror stories on this forum in the winter, I'm surprised you didn't have winter tires; they are a godsend for the Evo in snowy/icy conditions.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

just curious, are you caucasion?
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

hey ygpm
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear bro.
Here is a thought, I'm not recommending to do it. I'm just saying it's something somebody might do sometime or something that has already been done.

go out to that turn one night with a sledge hammer. smack up the concrete a lot on the edge of the road along the white line (make sure to take out part of the white line). Every state has a law that states that there has to be at least 4 inches of shoulder past the white line. Break up a big enough part of the road to create a pothole big enough for your tire to fit in. Come back in daylight and take a picture of the road (and new pothole). Take a close up pic of the pothole along with a big view showing where teh pothole is and in the background showing where you crashed. Tell the judge you hit the pothole (states fault, should not be there) and it caused your car to slide on ice and into tree. Case thrown out, and now your have grounds to sue the state for damages.

I'm not recommending to do this. I am just saying that is what happened with a friend of mine, althought the pothole was already there, (he didn't create it)

Quick Reply: I crashed my white EVO and got a ticket?