Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's a Warrtalon Xmas Part 2 - Buschur Porting & Coating

Oh boy, what a surprise. I sent a box full of rusted, ugly exhaust parts from an 05 MR out on Monday at 4pm with regular shipping via DHL. The box arrived in Wakeman, OH, on Wednesday around noon, and then the box full of beautiful, ported, port-matched, and jet coated exhaust parts showed up at my doorstep TODAY AT NOON. So, I was able to get this amazing service done with a 4-day turnaround without paying any special shipping charges. Huge, gigantic, ENORMOUS props to Dave Buschur and his team for the quality work, the sponsorship, and the quick turnaround time. I honestly didn't expect these parts back until after New Year's Day...little did I know.

Pic #1 = All 3 exhaust parts - 10.5 hotside, stock o2 housing, stock exhaust manifold

I will be posting pics of the individual parts in replies to this thread.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it you're saying to hell with your, "keep it looking stock for warranty purposes" philosophy?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Looks pretty....i likey
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zze86
I take it you're saying to hell with your, "keep it looking stock for warranty purposes" philosophy?
Still trying to stick as close to stock as possible, thus the stock parts being ported, but I couldn't do anything about the coating. I think the sheen dulls after being used, but if not, then oh well. These parts were just too good to pass up, just like the Forge parts.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 09:57 AM
cmz

I think he is going for a lil underhood BLING! (j/k)

I'm always interested to here your commentary Warralton: so what specific reasons did you choose to get those items ported and coated? What are the benefits?

~cmz
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

how are they feeling?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Looks very nice. I ordered a 10.5 hotside from Buschur and will have my exhaust manifold and O2 housing ported by them next month. Unfortunately, I will leave the pieces uncoated for warranty purposes. I don't want to see anything that can void my warranty if I need to use it.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Def looks really nice War!
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Very anxious to see some gains, I am also installing ported/coated 10.5 and coated Helix 02, and 2 weeks ago I put on my coated DC manifold. However I dont have any hard results, Im sure youll have some track results which Id love to see.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor

did you try a search!!!??? pictures of port matched and coated parts have been posted 100045345345 million times!!! why are you wasting our time showing us stuff we have seen so many times? you are a waste of internet space warrtalon and should be banned for doing such a noooob thing without reading the rules of the forum first!

ok, ok. i keeeed, i keeed!!
looks great! interestingly, when we had our race car turbo coated, our hotside was black on the exterior, and the compressor had the polished look to it. because i was on no way involved in what coatings we used, i'm interested to hear what coatings were used and why all your exhaust parts came out polished?
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cmz
I'm always interested to here your commentary Warralton: so what specific reasons did you choose to get those items ported and coated? What are the benefits?
Good question. Here are several reasons:

1) I wanted to maximize my gains in the exhaust system, so I had to choose between an aftermarket tubular header/ss o2 and porting/coating the stock parts. I didn't want any potential cracking issues with a header nor the lack of a brace from an aftermarket o2, so I went this route.

2) Buschur recommends this route, and I trust him.

3) I understand how a really nice header would probably be superior to the ported/coated stock mani, but that sort of expense wouldn't make sense on my low-budget setup while using the stock turbo and a flash. I don't even have cams, so this combo really fits nicely with what I want to do.

4) Dave graciously agreed to a partial sponsorship, within which I was able to get this service performed as long as I provided the parts.

Now, all I am waiting for is the Forge Wastegate Actuator, since it would be much easier to install all of this at the same time as installing the new WGA. Forge sold out, so I can't get one until they get some in stock, at which point Mike@Forge will send me one directly. When I get the WGA, I will install of this and hit the dyno. I also plan on dyno'ing with what I have now so that I can get a decent comparison before and after.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD
looks great! interestingly, when we had our race car turbo coated, our hotside was black on the exterior, and the compressor had the polished look to it. because i was on no way involved in what coatings we used, i'm interested to hear what coatings were used and why all your exhaust parts came out polished?
I told Dave that I preferred flat black on the coating, but not at the expense of performance. He recommended against it stating that it was not as good in his opinion. I don't know the details of why, but I trust Dave's judgement and would rather have it done properly than have my parts black just for stealth reasons.
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Exhaust Manifold Pics

Exhaust Mani standing

Exhaust Mani standing - outlet side

Exhaust Mani - all 4 runners

Exhaust Mani - single runner

Exhaust Mani - Outlet closeup
Old Dec 23, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member