Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo testdrive = $5000 deposit ?!?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo testdrive = $5000 deposit ?!?

Hi to all. Im new to this forum. I will be trading my 03 se-r Spec-V in for an Evo IX next month BUT when i went to the dealer 2 weeks ago and shceduled a test drive they wanted a $5000 DEPOSIT!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else experienced this with test driving driving these cars... a deposit?

by the way this will be my third new car and i have never paid any deposits in all the test drives that i went to....
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Tell them to go f*ck themselves. Go somewhere else. Tell them The Gonz said so.....
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Man i drove up in my modded srt and i guess they thought i had money or something. But they let me drive my evo without me even asking.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

I wouldn't even consider a dealer like that.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

when I got my 03 I had no problems test drivnig an EVO the only thing they asked me was did I want to drive the red, the black or the blue evo. I thing that dealership is just dicking you around I would go to another dealership and when you buy a evo 9 make sure you go back and so the ******** that tried to make you put down that 5000 dollar deposit.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Choosing a name like "FartMuffler," even I have serious doubts as to whether you can handle an Evo, even without seeing your ricer as I'm sure the salespeople had the displeasure of beholding.

All admonishing aside, I do not believe you approached them correctly, based on how you approached asking this question. If you had gone to the dealership respectably dressed, asked the dealer to drive in a respectful tone, and kept your car well out of view by parking it somewhere away from the dealership, I think you could have had half a chance of driving an evo.

I am 21, so I am by no means an especially old individual who would garner trust immediately from a dealer. And yet, I have test driven Evos at 4 different dealerships (as well as an STI, S2000, M3, Lotus Elise, and a 350Z) and I have NEVER been turned down for a test drive.

Its all in your approach.
Evolved Member

they said the same thing to me and then said I'm just messing with you and said let go for a drive......
Evolving Member

As long as you got a good story, something believable, they'll take the bait....I drove an '06 STi, Evo IX, and a 350Z, and I pulled up on a 30 year old schwinn.
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Find a new dealer! When you get your evo go visit them and show the jackass that pulled that crap.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GootBoost
I wouldn't even consider a dealer like that.
+1!!! Go elsewhere!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, I'm 21 also...
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

comming from a wrx ....

I went to go buy a new 05 sti they wouldnt let me test drive it...... so i walked next door and bought an evo

couldnt be more thankfull subaru turned me away

22 years old b day present to myself
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by urBan_dK
Choosing a name like "FartMuffler," even I have serious doubts as to whether you can handle an Evo, even without seeing your ricer as I'm sure the salespeople had the displeasure of beholding.

All admonishing aside, I do not believe you approached them correctly, based on how you approached asking this question. If you had gone to the dealership respectably dressed, asked the dealer to drive in a respectful tone, and kept your car well out of view by parking it somewhere away from the dealership, I think you could have had half a chance of driving an evo.

I am 21, so I am by no means an especially old individual who would garner trust immediately from a dealer. And yet, I have test driven Evos at 4 different dealerships (as well as an STI, S2000, M3, Lotus Elise, and a 350Z) and I have NEVER been turned down for a test drive.

Its all in your approach.
approach? this will be my 3rd NEW car... i think i know how to "approach" the dealer... plus i test drove a is 350 and a CLK 500 with no problems...not to mention i work a very, very lucrative coorporate job... so i dont think it had anything to do with how i looked or talked cuz i do both well but thanks for you young comment...
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jbfoco
comming from a wrx ....

I went to go buy a new 05 sti they wouldnt let me test drive it...... so i walked next door and bought an evo

couldnt be more thankfull subaru turned me away

22 years old b day present to myself
Holla!!!!!!!! RS EVO A++ Mitsu F!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

There are 5 Evo 9s at my local dealer. When I was there the other day they were calling people on the phone begging them to come in and drive them. One of the salesmen asked me if I wanted to drive the car without even seeing my evo.

Quick Reply: Evo testdrive = $5000 deposit ?!?