Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ams Mbc

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ams Mbc

So i got my car tuned last week and my stock boost controller is maxed out at 26. So i got an AMS MBC and the directions that came wit the thing are kinda complicated. i searched for the how to and i just get lost. Does any one have or know of a picture thread for installing it. It came with all new hoses and a bracket.

Thanks guyz

Brandon
Old Dec 27, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pull the line that goes to the wastegate actuator
pull the line that goes to the nipple on the turbo housing
connect the hose from the wastegate to the mbc (one inlet/outlet should have an arrow, so you will need to find what hose goes where)
then connect the other hose from the housing to the mbc

its really not hard, but u need to remove the intake box, tube, and upic i think. its been a while since i put mine in
Old Dec 27, 2007, 10:42 PM
Evolving Member

Is there any one that has the AMS MBC that came with all the new hoses and the bracket like where to mount that at also?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
option 1

option 2

Old Dec 28, 2007, 03:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
perfect ^^^ just go buy some vacuum hose from autozone, it will work fine. Usually the bottom nipple on the MBC connects to turbo outlet pipe (j pipe) and the wastegate connects to the nipple on side. thats how the forge is though. really easy though. if it doesent have arrows on it then look at it. you are controlling boost so the turbo is gonna puch air into the chamber where the spring is, when the spring is lifted or moved air will then pass to the wastegate where it will dump air.........therefore controlling boost.

if it does have arrows then the in arrow will be turbo and the out arrow will be wastegate.

good luck
Old Dec 28, 2007, 09:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our controller like most has two ports.

Hold the controller so that the adjustment know is on top.
The port on the bottom needs to get a boost source. You can either "T" the vacuum line that goes to the BOV or You can use the port on the Turbo Outlet pipe. Either will work fine. I personally like the Turbo oulet pipe port on the black pipe between your Turbo and LICP.

The port on the side of the controller needs to go to your wastegate actuator on your turbo. Its the little cylindrical brass thing on the front of your turbo charger. It will have a nipple on it as well.

Its very important to cap off any open nipples or ports that you are not using from the factory system. This can either cause a boost leak or cause you to draw in unmetered air through your intake pipe

When you are starting to set boost on the car make sure you back that adjustment screw all the way out (counter clockwise) and lock the adjustment knob with the lock nut.

Go out and test the car. The knob should be turned in 3/4 to 1 turn at a time. as you test it you will get an idea on how many PSI one turn is good for and you can adjust from there. When you have it all set keep in mind to lock the lock nut on the controller.

Things to note:

Colder weather - Denser Air - more boost
Warmer weather - Less dense air - less boost

Its cold out now so as it starts to warm up you will notice you will not be running as much boost. Make sure you adjust it as the weather changes.

The flipside of that coin is that its going to get colder in chicago and when it does you are going to run more boost so keep an eye on it.

Eric
Old Dec 29, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
option 1

option 2

So i should go with option 2??