Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Turbo 108 Octane Booster

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2006, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Turbo 108 Octane Booster

Fellahs.

I've searched through the forum for information on this product with no luck. Have any of you had success or unsuccess with this product? I know that many in the forum recommend the NOS or the VP octane boost products. I'm able to get 94 octane with a 10% ethanol mix here in the northwest and I'm hoping that the addition of this Turbo 108 Octane Booster (yellow bottle) will give me better overall performance. Yes / No.

Thanks
Old May 5, 2006, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think most people will say not to use octane booster because you never know really what your tank becomes. It could be 97oct it could be 107oct.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used it once my car ran like crap for a few days cell came on after 2 hours. i changed it to VP and the cell went away and the car was doing better i really couldnt tell you the reason one is better then the other. Im still trying to get a answer myself.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
No none of that stuff works, they usually only raise the octane 1 number, if that.

Search for Cam2 100 oct. unleaded. I ran 12.193 on a 50/50 of 100 and 93 oct.
Old May 5, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

If your going to use ANY Octane Booster and your running no cat - use the NOS Octane Booster - BLACK bottle. Good for "up to" 60 points (10 points = 1 octane #, i.e. 91 to 92 for 10 octane points) ... Has MMT - so you might want to read up on it ..

Best bet is to mix real 101+ octane with 91/92 octane for a mix ...
Old May 5, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Plain and simple, don't use octane booster.

+ w/ your mods, additional octane won't be beneficial anyway.
Old May 5, 2006, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

I used that octane crap to pass emission on an older car I had and all it did was make it fail worse car ran like crap until the gas tank was empty and I put some 94 and it ran fine and passed emissions.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are $hitting me right ??? Ok your signature says you have a Cold Air Intake with an exhaust....and thats all. Why would you even want to play with 108 Oct fuel. You sure as #ell can't use it properly without a map for it. Yeah it may give you a couple of extra horse but if you want to waste your money than go buy some muffler barrings. I have more mods than you do and i do just fine on pi$$ water 91 Oct. Don't waste your money man.... screw the fuel buy more mods.
Old May 6, 2006, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aux.
You are $hitting me right ??? Ok your signature says you have a Cold Air Intake with an exhaust....and thats all. Why would you even want to play with 108 Oct fuel. You sure as #ell can't use it properly without a map for it. Yeah it may give you a couple of extra horse but if you want to waste your money than go buy some muffler barrings. I have more mods than you do and i do just fine on pi$$ water 91 Oct. Don't waste your money man.... screw the fuel buy more mods.

Despite my seemingly small list of mods, I still had this "idea" that using an octane booster could only HELP.

It looks like the verdict is leaning towards NO when it comes to using octane boosters.

Thanks fellahs for your feedback.
Old May 6, 2006, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
pure evo,
your letting the secret gas station of tacoma out..LOL! gotta love cenex. but in all honesty if you want octane booster then you should add a gallon or two of unleaded 100 octane from pacific. i did it in my car and it ran great. but do this once you have a manual or electronic boost controler to add a pound of boost or two. also some sort of user tuneable device like a S-AFC2. the only thing i can say is it isnt consistent as the guy who owns cenex has told us the 94 pump varies. 94 at the lowest to 98 at the highest. he said hes gone higher he just dosent want to hastle with labeling it as race gas so the 94 sticker stays on. race gas is the only octane booster you need. nuff said. hope all this helps you out
Old May 6, 2006, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Smile And The Verdict Is...

Originally Posted by raiceboi697
pure evo,
your letting the secret gas station of tacoma out..LOL! gotta love cenex. but in all honesty if you want octane booster then you should add a gallon or two of unleaded 100 octane from pacific. i did it in my car and it ran great. but do this once you have a manual or electronic boost controler to add a pound of boost or two. also some sort of user tuneable device like a S-AFC2. the only thing i can say is it isnt consistent as the guy who owns cenex has told us the 94 pump varies. 94 at the lowest to 98 at the highest. he said hes gone higher he just dosent want to hastle with labeling it as race gas so the 94 sticker stays on. race gas is the only octane booster you need. nuff said. hope all this helps you out
Thanks bro. This is the "verdict" I'm sticking with. BUT. Where "exactly" can I pick up some of that good 'ole 100 octane? I know I've already spilled the beans on one NW secret. If this cat isn't alreayd out of the bag, please send me a PM or something.