Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Froge RS = SES? P0300

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forge RS = SES? P0300

Yes another P0300 code thread.

I searched a bit to answer my questions, but didn't really find anything similar to what i am looking for; though i did get some answers.

I installed my Forge RS 3 days ago, and adjusted it to support full factory boost with the least amount of driveability issues. This is my only mod i have installed yet.

Just last night my car threw an SES at me in normal drving conditions. Now i am assuming it is a P0300 code based on what i found when searching.

I have multiple questions:

-Has anybody else had this happen with a Forge RS yet? I didn't find any similar cases when searching. I'm assuming it is the Forge RS causing the code to be thrown considering i just installed it and all was well until then.

-Does a P0300 code mean that your car did misfire and that is why it came on, or does it just come on under other circumstances?

-Is this code really a big issue? Is my car getting Fed up? From what i have read it seems that it's not a big deal, and a lot of Evo owners just drive with the SES on and don't worry about it.

-How do i fix this problem i guess is my biggest issue. I can't drive around with a SES light on all the time, i will go crazy; plus god for bid, i don't want to be hurting my car. Should i just get rid of the SES and hope it doesn't come on again? What are my options? Should i do the dealership flash?

-To turn off my SES light, do i have to go to an autoparts store or the dealership to have it done, or is it safe to just reset my ECU myself? Or will the SES light just turn itself off shortly?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.

Last edited by KOEvo; Jun 7, 2006 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Oops spelled "Forge" "Froge"
Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:44 AM

i would go to an Autoparts store and have the code pulled so you know what it is you're dealing with.

For all we know, it might be that you didn't tighten your gas cap enough the last time you filled up - so it could be completely unrelated to your Forge RS.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Is it in Recirc? if not, that is your problem.

Also what were the exact conditions the code came on?
Old Jun 7, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nutrulz
Is it in Recirc? if not, that is your problem.

Also what were the exact conditions the code came on?
If the Valve in VTA or Recirc has nothing to do with it, the Evo likes it in Recirc with it in VTA it will run Rich i would look at your plugs or gap but the Valve has nothing to do with the PO300 I get it all the time but it is due to my Exedt Twin. If we can do anything to help feel free to call Forge Motorsport 407-447-5363.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah i will have them pull the code after work, but i am almost 100% sure its P0300. I always tighten my gas cap down hard, sometimes so much the black top comes off the actually clearish white screw in part. Plus as soon as the SES came on i double checked my gas cap was tight, and i checked all my fluids and they looked good.

The conditions were normal driving conditions, i actually think i was decelerating out of gear comming up to a stop from going to speed limit.

Anarchy- And i think the BOV definatly has something to do with the P0300 because everything else on the car is bone stock, gap is stock, plugs are stock, etc. Plus the car is a 2005 w/ low miles.

I understand that clutches also send off the P0300 code, so that is why i am hoping it isn't a huge misfiring issue i have on my hands here.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

I would buy some BPR7ES NGK's And gap them to 0.025 and start there.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to Autozone and ask them to download your fault code with the obd II tester. Then you will know..... but i don't know if you could trip a P0300 with just an RS DV .... but then again i have never looked up the subject
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

If you don't know the code for sure it really could be anything, so find the code first then let us know.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

if it throw the code at idleling or cruising it's boost leakage, if it's misfiring at WOT it's spark plug.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and FYI the obd II reader at autozone can erase your code ... and its free
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately i don't know of any Autozones in the area, but i'll try Schucks or something. Do i have to buy the OBDII tester or will they just hook one up for me and erase my code?

vboy425 that actually makes some sense because it is a very real possibility that i haven't tightened down the valve enough to hold sufficient boost, because i decreased it as much as possible to counter act driveability issues but still hold what seemed to be full boost. It could be slightly under though...

Thanks guys, keep any other idea comming.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Also, let it be known, i am not blaming any of the issues on the actual Forge RS BOV, this is odviously user/car error.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

With the RS you can have it completely loose, and it will still hold tons of boost, well over stock. That is not the problem. I have mine all the way loose, and I hold 22 psi all day.
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

The check is free from Autozone for the OBD II tester. It can be done in like 1 minute
Old Jun 7, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nutrulz
With the RS you can have it completely loose, and it will still hold tons of boost, well over stock. That is not the problem. I have mine all the way loose, and I hold 22 psi all day.
What are you talking about? Everybody knows all the way loose holds only 7 psi and all the way tightened hold 39.

Quick Reply: Froge RS = SES? P0300