Gas Leak?? - evolutionm.net
evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:35 AM   #1
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (22)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 05 Evo 8

Gas Leak??

Last night I was showing my buddy how my car ran with my cams in, we were riding down the road and smelt gas pretty clearly...I pull over and we grab a light and look under the car. sure enough i see where gas has ran down the bottom of the car gas tank. I filled it up 1 hour prior stopping by his house and parking it. I drove it some more and didnt see any more gas leaking so i didnt sweat it so much. I woke up this morning and looked under the car and I see a puddle under it, and where it had ran down the bottom of the tank? Is there any drain valve when u fill up your tank to much, or do I have a leak?

Old Jul 5, 2006, 02:25 PM   #2
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (4)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 05 Suzuki GSXR 600 (DD), 03 EVO 8

Send a message via AIM to sonicnofadz
You have a gas leak it sounds like. Purchase some UV dye to detect the leak. Good luck.
255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT-615s on stock Enkei rims, TEIN Flex coilovers with TEIN EDFC, Walbro 255, Helix V1 272 cams, Hawk HPS front & rear pads, HKS turbo timer, Perrin Turbo Back, Perrin straight pipe, HKS RS intake, IX BOV, Hallman MBC, A/C delete, Ebay manifold + o2 housing, ebay FMIC, Exedy Twin plate, Flashed by Jestr, other ECU tricks performed by Kreionic, Stock 03 turbo, stock 9.8 hotside. 350whp & 322 ft-lbs using 93 octane. 12.3 secs @ 114mph

Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:55 PM   #3
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (5)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 05 EVO VIII

dude, get that fixed pronto, I hope you don't smoke. My kia sportage had a problem one time where if I filled it too full it overflowed, One time I forgot to stop filling and all of a sudden I hear liquid running, and I'm like hell no! and there is this huge pile of gas under the kia, so it turned out the neck had like rusted out of the tank. Anyways, I would get yours checked out ASAP!
Kelford 272's - Supertech dual spings - Boomba TB - Hallman MBC - Perrin TBE, SRI, FMIC, BOV, fuel rail, boost tube, - HPF LICP -Aeromotive FPR - Okada coils - Sun Hyper Force - Walbro 255 - AMS tuned - 353.75 WHP / 354.79 torque

Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:59 PM   #4
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2005 Evolution 8 MR

Do you have an aftermarket fuel pump?

Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:00 PM   #5
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 05 Suzuki GSXR 600 (DD), 03 EVO 8

Send a message via AIM to sonicnofadz
First thing to do is jack the rear end up and look to see if something smacked the very underside of the tank. Run your car around until no gas is left. Drop the gas tank. Inspect for cracks. If the leak is coming from a line or hose somewhere, you should use the UV dye and a UV light to find it.
255/40/17 Falken Azenis RT-615s on stock Enkei rims, TEIN Flex coilovers with TEIN EDFC, Walbro 255, Helix V1 272 cams, Hawk HPS front & rear pads, HKS turbo timer, Perrin Turbo Back, Perrin straight pipe, HKS RS intake, IX BOV, Hallman MBC, A/C delete, Ebay manifold + o2 housing, ebay FMIC, Exedy Twin plate, Flashed by Jestr, other ECU tricks performed by Kreionic, Stock 03 turbo, stock 9.8 hotside. 350whp & 322 ft-lbs using 93 octane. 12.3 secs @ 114mph

Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:26 AM   #6
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Yea i have a Walboro fuel pump, yesterday I checked the return line to make sure it wasnt unhooked, but everything was fine, I just ran outside to look under it agian, and this time I saw no puddles or any signs it leaked last night...Weird?

Old Jul 6, 2006, 03:45 AM   #7
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (17)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 04 AW STI, 04 WW VIII RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0cRaZy
Yea i have a Walboro fuel pump, yesterday I checked the return line to make sure it wasnt unhooked, but everything was fine, I just ran outside to look under it agian, and this time I saw no puddles or any signs it leaked last night...Weird?
Double check the lines to the fuel pmup (under back seat). One of those is lose.

Old Jul 6, 2006, 04:20 PM   #8
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
Double check the lines to the fuel pmup (under back seat). One of those is lose.
I said that in my above post ...

Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:19 AM   #9
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (17)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 04 AW STI, 04 WW VIII RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ev0cRaZy
I said that in my above post ...
well, triple check, I bet that where you leak is coming from.

Old Jul 7, 2006, 04:19 AM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
car, check, detect, dripping, dye, engine, find, fuel, gas, gasoline, house, leak, leakage, leaking, underneath, uv