Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Speeding Tickets and Traffic School in California

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2006, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speeding Tickets and Traffic School in California

I got a speeding ticket 84 in a 65 on the freeway. I just got the letter in the mail for the ticket amount, 178 bucks. Anyways I already have traffic school that I haven't attended yet (must be completed by mid August).

It was a dumb ticket Failure to pay a toll. Going through the toll road with no license plates. That apparently is a moving violation, dont even get me started on why...

So my question is how does secondary traffic school work in California? Can I take it in my situation? What do I have to do?
Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

I think that you can only take driving school once every 18 monthsin CA. correct me if im wrong
Old Jul 26, 2006, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

yope, can take it only once a 18 months and you have to pay $52.00 school fee. I recommend u do the school for the "speeding ticket" so your insurance will not go up.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:38 PM
ST
Evolving Member

do the online school, if they offer it for you...
Old Jul 26, 2006, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
you can take traffic school more than once every 18 months.. i have done it. Its called "repeat offender traffic school" It is only offered through actual classroom attendance. Its from 8am to 5pm on a saturday and sunday, 16 hrs total. You will need to request for it to the judge when you go to court for the ticket.
Old Jul 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

I advise fighting the ticket in court. You have about a 30% - 40% chance that the cop won't show up. If he doesn't show, you win. If he shows up you will probably lose, so ask the Judge for traffic school. Try to seem sincere and tell him you think it would help you. If you have to ask for 16 hours of in person traffic school because it's been less than 18 months, so be it. Work the system, dude. The fine is nothing compared to how much your insurance premium will go up if you get a ticket on your record.

For more info on fighting traffic tickets, go to www.motorists.org