Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Listen to this BS (puente hills mitsubishi service department)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Listen to this BS (puente hills mitsubishi service department)

Well I bought ny 06 evo at puente hills mitsubishi !! And I had to bring it in for minor service issues like SRS ligiht and my STEERING WHEEL pleeing..No biggie right... So I get a call today This is what they say,,,Ok streering wheel it's on order and won't be in tel monday(wheel covered warrannty) And for the SRS light he tells me it's because of my boost gauge Or as he stated (your Column thing)WFT..what a bunch of bull ****!! Just because they coundn't find why the SRS light came on there charging me $95 to reset the light....Just because they don't know why the SRS light came on they have to make up something...So they can make a quick buck!!!
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a short temper but, I would talk to the manager or even try to talk to the owner of that dealership and give him a piece of my mind! There is no reason why you should have to pay because of a gauge that doesnt do anything negative to the car.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Disconnect your battery for a few minutes to clear the light. If it comes back, go to Autozone and pull the code for free. People on here can most likely tell you exactly what is wrong from that code - or even better SEARCH.

Don't pay $95 for a 5 minute job. Go to a different dealership. Good luck.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ant_turbo
Well I bought ny 06 evo at puente hills mitsubishi !! And I had to bring it in for minor service issues like SRS ligiht and my STEERING WHEEL pleeing..No biggie right... So I get a call today This is what they say,,,Ok streering wheel it's on order and won't be in tel monday(wheel covered warrannty) And for the SRS light he tells me it's because of my boost gauge Or as he stated (your Column thing)WFT..what a bunch of bull ****!! Just because they coundn't find why the SRS light came on there charging me $95 to reset the light....Just because they don't know why the SRS light came on they have to make up something...So they can make a quick buck!!!
I wouldn't even *consider* paying that charge.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

srs is airbag lite, so tell them that they better find out wats wrong with the airbag system and it has nothing to do with gauges.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

tell em to PROVE that the gauge is the cause of the light, actually tell him you'll double his charge, $190 BET that its not the boost gauge. Im not gonna pay $95 for a BS assumption.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

That's just it.. they did say everything checked out fine no problems with the SRS system,,,,,And so they have to charge me for a SRS reset....BS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Originally Posted by EVOL EDO
srs is airbag lite, so tell them that they better find out wats wrong with the airbag system and it has nothing to do with gauges.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If there is nothing wrong with the SRS system, chances are the yellow airbag plugs were removed and replugged without removing the battery. Once that happens the SRS light will come on and nothing I know will reset an SRS light short of an SRS scanner. If you have friends in a bodyshop they may have one.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The inspection they did on the steering wheel didn't have anything to do with the srs did it? They are kinda tied together.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Ya but they already reset the light so they are charging me for it!!
Originally Posted by rcheung
If there is nothing wrong with the SRS system, chances are the yellow airbag plugs were removed and replugged without removing the battery. Once that happens the SRS light will come on and nothing I know will reset an SRS light short of an SRS scanner. If you have friends in a bodyshop they may have one.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
The inspection they did on the steering wheel didn't have anything to do with the srs did it? They are kinda tied together.

+1 when removing the wheel it has to be reset anyway ?
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

tell them that you arent going to pay becuase they have to prove it is cause of the gauge
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

why, oh WHY would u buy ur car from Puente Hills Sh*tsu when u can get it from South Coast or Huntington Beach? i know it might be closer, but it's not worth all this bullsh*t.

if u've searched around before ur purchase u would have seen a thread titled "black listed Mitsu dealerships"...and Puente Hills sucks sh*t. I went there twice before and let me tell u they have the worst customer service and knowledge about ANY car they're selling on that lot.

good luck. u could always take ur car to South Coast or Huntington for service even if u didnt buy it there. Mark at South Coast/Tom at Huntington will take care of u.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Or just pay them because I have to go back and have the wheel installed....
They might make up some more grap....
Or chalk it up and take a loss/////////
Originally Posted by tarmac4g63
tell them that you arent going to pay becuase they have to prove it is cause of the gauge
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Well now I know lesson learned!! They reason I bought my evo there was they where only 7 miles away from my house! And south coast is a lil over 35 miles and I didn't have to much time,,,, For now I will go to south coast for al my service needs....

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
why, oh WHY would u buy ur car from Puente Hills Sh*tsu when u can get it from South Coast or Huntington Beach? i know it might be closer, but it's not worth all this bullsh*t.

if u've searched around before ur purchase u would have seen a thread titled "black listed Mitsu dealerships"...and Puente Hills sucks sh*t. I went there twice before and let me tell u they have the worst customer service and knowledge about ANY car they're selling on that lot.

good luck. u could always take ur car to South Coast or Huntington for service even if u didnt buy it there. Mark at South Coast/Tom at Huntington will take care of u.

Quick Reply: Listen to this BS (puente hills mitsubishi service department)