Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GEICO Raised My Insurance Rate 50% for Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goddam...seems like insuarance cost is killing peeps up in here. why dont you guys check out GMAC insuarance. im 25 and pay only 794 for 6 month. 3 speeding tickets and 2 not at fault accidents. also having good credit and a long history of auto insurance helps out.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:54 AM

geico did that to me as well.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:15 AM

definately don't stick with Geico. a budy of mine got in an accident when a soccer mom ran a redlight and hit him while he had the green and they still jacked up his insurance. dump Geico fast.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

I hate Geico. They use to be a really good company now they penny pinch everyone. Switch insurance. I had tons of trouble trying to get them to pay out on claims in the past. One time they put all used parts on my car and would only pay for used parts.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BBYBruno
For people to stop f**king complaining about there insurance rates. Theres tons of threads about this same topic, and it's getting old. If you'de like cheap insurance sell the Evo and buy a grand am!

And there are plenty of repeat posts about a lot of things. Who made you the thread police? Damn, let people vent if you don't like it don't read it.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 12:52 PM

Personal opinion... I hate geico.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

hmm

nationwide, full coverage, 500 deductable, no accidents or tickets, 1100 per year
Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:47 PM
Account Disabled

the insurance companies can and will fu_k with you whenever they want , its just the way it is and will always be until something is done about it!!!! this very same thing happened to me some years back, complete BS !!!!

Frank
Old Nov 19, 2006, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
And there are plenty of repeat posts about a lot of things. Who made you the thread police? Damn, let people vent if you don't like it don't read it.
Ok mom, i'll let everyone vent. Here i'll join too, I have to actually pay insurance for a car noooooooo, it hate paying my cell phone bill noooooooo, I hate city/state/fed taxes nooooooo. Ahhh I feel better now
Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:01 PM
Admin Alumni

Ok, Ok....we all vented. Back on topic please.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ok great back on topic. Your insurance went up 50% with Geico possibly because they have had ALOT of claims this year which drives premiums up, and also the Evo was pretty high on those most stolen/accident list so that had something to do with it.

Solution: Get a different insurance provider.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Apoartar
I’m 47 years old, no speeding tickets, no accidents, no points on my license. I’ve been a GEICO customer for over 20 years – all without incident – incredibly enough. I bought my 2004 Evo new and have paid approximately $1,000 a year for full coverage. I’ve had this rate for almost two and a half years with GEICO.

Suddenly on my current bill, they’ve raised the rate to approximately $1,500 – a 50% increase.

Of course, I called them and they claim that the car rating service they subscribe to has increased this model to a class “U” risk, up two classes from its previous class rating. They politely explained to me that it has nothing to do with what other drivers are doing (or crashing) with their cars, but that it is solely because the cost of parts has increased to repair it.

My policy is up for renewal in mid December. Has anyone else who has GEICO received a recent invoice with such a huge increase?

Of course I love driving my Evo and don’t want to replace it with a Buick just to lower my insurance !

Thanks!
I have Nationwide and my agent doesn't even care what car it is. I used to have 93 accord and then got 90 300zx, both of them had only one side insurance ( I was paying $200 for each car) that's for 6 months. Then I added theft coverage for my Z and it only cost me $40 for 6 months. I got Evo and I pay little bit less than $1000 a year, that's with full coverage, and trust me I have quite few tickets. No accident though.
My friend got a rediculious quote from Nationwide ones (for an STI). Other friends had good prices. I have the lowest though, but I have been with them for over 5 years

Good luck

Last edited by Evo8; Nov 19, 2006 at 05:06 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 07:58 PM

OK, so this is very strange. I also have a 2003 Toyota Tundra that has the exact same coverage as my 2004 Evo. Today I did a web quote from State Farm and here are the details:

HTML Code:
GEICO			
Current policy period			
	6months	Annual	
Tundra	 $286 	 $572 	
Evo	 $505 	 $1,010 	
Total:		 $1,582 	

GEICO			
Upcoming policy period			
	6months	Annual	Difference
Tundra	 $278 	 $556 	        -3%
Evo	 $753 	 $1,506 	49%
Total:		 $2,062 	

State Farm Quote			
	6months	Annual	Difference from Current policy period
Tundra	 $478 	 $956 	        67%
Evo	 $613 	 $1,226 	21%
Total:		 $2,182 	
It's strange that the Tundra is quoted at 67% more than I currently pay and the Evo at about 21% more. You would think there was some consistency but there isn't - are they just making up the rates?

Last week I had also gotten a quote from Liberty Mutual for the Evo only and it was $1,442 for the year. All of these quotes are for the same coverage options. Keep in mind that from the current GEICO period to the upcoming period absolutely nothing has changed on my end.

I'll be getting more quotes this upcoming week and will let you know what they are. I'm also going to follow up with State Farm to verify/tweak the web quote..
Old Nov 19, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

it's wawanesa, and yes they are awesome. my rate stayed the same from the past year. customer service is great and coverage is great. 23 y.o. with 2 cars = 2k a year for insurance. you should definitely check them out. also, i'm not sure about other insurances, but wawanesa covers you in all 50 states as well as canada. only thing with wawanesa is that they won't insure you unless you have a perfect (or close to it) driving record (which i don't think you have anything to worry about).

when i first bought my car, geico wanted 2800-3000 or so a year for only the evo.

Last edited by llxzxll; Nov 19, 2006 at 08:25 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by llxzxll
it's wawanesa, and yes they are awesome. my rate stayed the same from the past year. customer service is great and coverage is great. 23 y.o. with 2 cars = 2k a year for insurance. you should definitely check them out. also, i'm not sure about other insurances, but wawanesa covers you in all 50 states as well as canada. only thing with wawanesa is that they won't insure you unless you have a perfect (or close to it) driving record (which i don't think you have anything to worry about).

when i first bought my car, geico wanted 2800-3000 or so a year for only the evo.
It doesn't seem that way. Their website (http://www.wawanesageneral.com/) only lists California and Oregon. Maybe if you start off in that state then you have coverage in all 50 states?

Last edited by Apoartar; Nov 19, 2006 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply: GEICO Raised My Insurance Rate 50% for Nothing!