Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New here, But i got some ??. M3 to Evo 8. Plz check in!

Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post New here, But i got some ??. M3 to Evo 8. Plz check in!

Hey guys. SO i am here to ask some questions. Before anybody says search i did. i have been lookin threw for 1 full week day and night and its not easy as you guys know. So plz help. i need to feel what evo boost does to you!

I myself currently own a 98 Cosmos Black E36 M3 coupe with a Intake, ecu,exhaust, suspension and ETC.

Yet the fastest i got it was a 13.9 at 99. which is a damn joke. So its time for me to sell it and get myself a EVO 8.

Now here where the questions begin. Is it possible for me to find an EVO 8 withen NY or even the tri-state for around 16-18k in decent condition? i have been lookin but its a tuff search.

Also from the 7 days i spent on the EvoM forums i have been reading as much as i can and from what i hear is it really tru that i got to retune for EVERYTHING i do. IF so would it be smart to buy the "dynoflash" ecu with free mail in upgrades. this way i get a baseline tune and for everymod i do after i can have it mailed out for a remap? Or should i get a nice piggyback and tune it that way. in the end which is better bang for the buck.

Are the trannys really bad in the 8?

Should a flash be my First mod?

Hows the Ebay crap for the Evo 8's?. these are jap parts so they just rep everything anyways. I have been lookin at the O2 cover thing. and the Turbo back for like $300. XS turbo i think makes it. cheap as hell!!

I have a leftover Wet shot NX from my M3. i do have all the eletronics and everything. Do you guys think i should shoot like a 50 shot or atleast a 75 in the evo? its a really good kit and i got the windowswitch,2 stage, bottle heater, TPS switch, EVERYTHING to make it run safe and on point.

Those are my ?? so far. Plz be nice and help a guy out.

Also FYI i got a chance to run a brand new evo IX with just a cat back. We did like 3-4 runs . we did a 1st gear roll and he is like a car and a half ahead of me. then second and all that and he is always either 1 car or 2 cars ahead. he is a good driver BTW. and why no dig is b.c he is AWD and that 1-2 cars will turn into 3-5 cars loss!! hey if you cant beet um join um!!
Thanks., plz post and help a guy out.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

If you are comfortable tuning yourself with a piggyback, there's no reason you can't tune yourself with ECUFlash.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my friend bought an evo viii for 18 grand and it looked pretty good.
i heard that the clutches are bad in the evo's and that the 04 and 03 evos have problems with the transfer cases. yes if you are staying to basic bolt ons your best bet for engine management would be to stay with a reflashed stock ecu like what dynoflash offeres. as for the o2 housing the ebay one is supposed to be the best and its only like 60 bucks. and yes the ebay exhausts do work ok but they are butt ugly and stuff. if i were you and looking for a good reasonably priced exhaust i would get the buschur exhuast i think its like $700 and it is supposed to be the best bang for the buck.
i havent seen many evo guys running nos so i wouldnt know.
oh and btw street racing talk is not allowed on here or the admins will get pissed
Old Nov 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Look for an 05. They have the ACD (active center differential) and the larger 10.5 hotside on the turbo. The 03-04 have a 9.8 hotside. The ACD allows you to control the center diff, beneficial for driving in the rain and such.

The trannies/transfer cases are all in how you drive. You launch repeatedly...it will break at some point. Auto-xing....holds up pretty well. Personally I dont do the cheap route with parts...most people on this site dont. Thats your decision. Tuning is important. But your first mods should be boost gauge, oil pressure gauge and a wideband O2 sensor/ AFR gauge. After that you can pick and choose from the various vendors/packages. IMO basic mods dont always require a retune (thats what your afr gauge is for) but will run better tuned. Some parts dont run well at all and will lose HP if you dont tune. Researching before you buy is key. Good luck.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:14 PM

well thats the thing. i dont know a thing about tuning yet. so i kinda wanna learn with a piggy back and adjust to all my mods as they get them. b..c we all know parts for these cars are kinda cheap as opposed to BMW parts. so i will be moding every week. i am very eager to learn. i am very good when it come to computers. i have a AS in Computer Information Systems and getting my Ba in computer science right now. So i understand how things work i just dont know how the car will react to the changes.

Pretty much i dont know **** about tuning lol. yet i have a strong strong backround on cars/installs/fixing.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:20 PM

Old Nov 20, 2006, 09:20 PM

just some pics of my car that i am selling so i can buy an evo 8
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:10 PM

buy a evo!!!
Old Nov 21, 2006, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

ur m3 is so clean
Old Nov 21, 2006, 02:37 PM
Admin Alumni

You have the exact same thread posted in the Newbie section. Post the question once and let it be. Cross-posting is not allowed. Until I can get a SuperMod to merge the 2 threads this one remains,
Locked.
J.D.

Search this Thread