Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Throttle pedal sticking WOT

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throttle pedal sticking WOT

Well yesterday i am driving and i got this ******* slow *** mother ******* driver ahead of me doing 20 in a 35. I am getting really annoyed so after 3 miles of following him it splits into two lanes. My emotions get the best of me i swerve into the other lane, floor the gas WOT take off like a rocket around him. Then clutch, shift to 2nd and let off the gas.... except the gas pedal doesnt come up and the car is still at WOT. My first instinct is to press the clutch in, once i do that the engine revs and bounces off the 6500 rev limiter (custom tuned) so after a few seconds i put it in 4th gear to lower the rpms. i pressed hard on the pedal a few times and after 2 or 3 pushes it comes back up. Heart was going 700 beats a minute, im freaking out.... so i pull over turn the car off and push hard on the gas again and it sticks for like 1 second then releases.... I dont have any floor mats, so thats not it. im thinking its either my throttle cable sticking or my aftermarket BR pedals. Im wondering if one of the bolts on the back got stuck on the stopper on the floor.

All i got to say is thank god there wasnt someone ahead of me in the other lane. and dont drive mad. LOL
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Follow the cable going into the engine bay throught the firewall. Make sure its not getting stuck on anything.
Old Dec 14, 2006, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Like you said the the Aftermarket pedal is getting cought on the Carpeting. I would also look at the cable in the engine bay, it does this stupid loop thing to go around and face left (right if you're looking at it from the front of the car with the hood open). Well if its pinched or cought on something it could make it stick, also Chech the Throttle body pulley it can be sticking.