Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Non-correctable tint ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non-correctable tint ticket?

I was pulled over about 2 hours away from my house in SoCal...I was driving up to Big Bear and there was a CHP officer parked on the side of the road. I was obeying the speed limit but he decided to light me up anyway...gave me a tint and no license plate ticket but he marked them both non-correctable. I didn't notice it until I got home...any suggestions? This is my first ticket...I'm totally in the dark. I know it doesn't affect my insurance...but I don't have time to drive two hours to go to court in a different county nor do I have time to have it removed. One of my buddies works at a tint shop...so removing/reapplying isn't the issue. Should I:

a) Ask to have the ticket made correctable, have it removed, signed off, then re-applied? I don't get hassled in my area for it...just this one time I drove to Big Bear. Also, like I said before...I'm not worried about paying for removal/reapplying it.

or

b) Just pay the fine and get on with life...

I would think that if I were able to get it to be correctable, I would only pay like a $10 court fee to have it signed off...can anyone else chime in on this? If you have any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I say B.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Neither is a moving violation, so no insurance points, or them even finding out about it. That's just the state/city's way of making money to pay themselves. Just pay the fine for the tint and move on. The plate you could fix though. Usually if you take it to the courthouse, or the CHP office they will mark it as corrected and dismiss it.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you like your window tint, and dont get stopped in your area for it, then just pay the ticket.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

My buddy would remove the tint and reapply it for me for free...so thats not the issue.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Psquared
Neither is a moving violation, so no insurance points, or them even finding out about it. That's just the state/city's way of making money to pay themselves. Just pay the fine for the tint and move on. The plate you could fix though. Usually if you take it to the courthouse, or the CHP office they will mark it as corrected and dismiss it.
I don't wanna do that and have them say they can't do anything about it because the ticket says it's non-correctable. That seems like its a gamble...
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Contest the ticket via mail. Request to move for a dismissal based upon the in-accuracy of the citation...and point out "for example, the officer said that my tint was non-correctable!?!?" "Based upon the that gross in-accuracy, it would make any reasonable citizen (myself included), question the validity of the citatition in it's totatlity." If you loose, then peel the tint and pay the $20.00 or so bucks... my $.02 If you have any questions, feel free and pm me..
Old Jan 29, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fricci4993
Contest the ticket via mail. Request to move for a dismissal based upon the in-accuracy of the citation...and point out "for example, the officer said that my tint was non-correctable!?!?" "Based upon the that gross in-accuracy, it would make any reasonable citizen (myself included), question the validity of the citatition in it's totatlity." If you loose, then peel the tint and pay the $20.00 or so bucks... my $.02 If you have any questions, feel free and pm me..
A TBD? I PMed you!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

How do I do a TBD if I don't receive a copy of the ticket in the mail? The CHP officer said that I probably wouldn't be getting a notice in the mail...
Old Feb 3, 2007, 03:09 AM

They can stop you for tint in Cali? As far as I know they can't do that here in WA. They can only write you up for that if they already stopped you for something else. BTW I have 15% tint on all windows and no front license plate. Already been stopped for speeding once...didn't get written up for the tint or the plate. I'm not gonna put the plate on unless it starts becoming a real problem...don't wanna drill holes in my beautiful car! And as far as the tint goes, I'd rather just pay the fine if I do end up getting fined...it doesn't affect insurance so i could give a rat's a$$.
Old Feb 3, 2007, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree, I would fight it. I did not think that cops could pull you over for no reason and window tint is not a reason to pull anyone over. That is a bunch of sh*t, take it to court, I would.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO8904
I agree, I would fight it. I did not think that cops could pull you over for no reason and window tint is not a reason to pull anyone over. That is a bunch of sh*t, take it to court, I would.
I want to do a TBD but I don't know what to say...
Old Feb 6, 2007, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by DruMMinStUd06
I want to do a TBD but I don't know what to say...
"Plead not guilty. Your Honor"
Doesn't matter how good your writing is, nor how many evidence you got to prove you are right, once the police reply to you TBD, then you are certainly lose, so just write I plead not guilty and pray god is on your side
Good luck !! (I am still fighting my BS ticket, and I am praying everyday )
Old Feb 6, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...any tips on how to proceed?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Pay it and foreget it!

Quick Reply: Non-correctable tint ticket?