Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown

Special thanks to Turbotrix for hosting a really wonderful and well organized event at Englishtown - I heard 120 dsm's showed up to race and many dozens more to watch - and a great EVO turn out also http://www.turbotrix.com/shootout.htm

Thanks also to the other sponsers like Pruven Performance who gave out free dyno time to all the class winners and runners up and other vendors like Turbotrix, Forced Performance and Boostcontroller.com and others who gave out gift coupons and other great prizes throughout the day !!!!!

The highligh of the day for me was being able to race the infamous Jeff Hill in a side by side Silver evo race in the 2nd round of eliminations - - needless to say Jeff is a super tough racer to beat and I got lucky !

Amazingly we BOTH had breakouts of .498 and I was very pleased to run a 12.136 against my dial in of 12.10 against Jeff's 13.225 against his 13.10 dial to take the win and move onto the next round

I really hope that someone - somehow - has that run on video as it sure would look nice to see two Silver Evo's blasting down the track side by side!!!!!!!

Another cool part of the day was seeing Puven Performance use their black project Evo as a tow vehicle (a first?) for their race car which had the highest trap speed of the day at 149.00 plus mph (dont know who was the quickest of the day)

I was really happy to win 2nd Place in the B1 bracket race and collect some cash a big and nicely done trophy and some great parts certificates - all compliments of www.turbotrix.com

OH - and also - I think now I may be the 2nd quickest Evo Viii in the US with my time of 12.073 @113.94 (just behind automotosports 12.00 even and - perhaps the fastest ever Evo VIII 1/4 mile run with a trap speed of 113.94 with my full McIntosh sound system, interior and a full tank of gas!!! - I'm sure there is someone out there somewhere even faster.

PS - very nice to meet so many Evo owners - sorry if i did not have that much time to chat as I was very pre-occupied with the race !

PPS - I'll be at the usual sunday night nanuet, NY meet - (Pathmark parking lot rt59 and rt 304) with more time to talk evos then!

Last edited by Alfriedesq; Jun 14, 2003 at 11:41 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Good job sir...
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
OH - and also - I think now I may be the 2nd quickest Evo Viii in the US with my time of 12.073 @113.94 (just behind automotosports 12.00 even and - perhaps the fastest ever Evo VIII 1/4 mile run with a trap speed of 113.94 with my full McIntosh sound system, interior and a full tank of gas!!! - I'm sure there is someone out there somewhere even faster.

Great run Al So are you going to get rid of the sound system and run on a 1/4 tank of gas to break 12 secs ?
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Al,

Are you running subwoofers as well? I noticed the pics of the Macintosh and the kicker amp. I would love to see your complete install. Great times by the way. Love to see a real daily driven car taken to the track in tact. If you were to be like the rest (Stripped down, 1/4 tank of gas) you would be in the upper 11's if not mids.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown

Originally posted by zx6r

Great run Al So are you going to get rid of the sound system and run on a 1/4 tank of gas to break 12 secs ?
I am confident that the car will easily run well into the 11's on a less humid - cooler day - or better a evening session - It was well over 80 degrees at the track and the humidity was off the charts today so my car was not pulling that strong - also - they were really pushing the elimination rounds out TOO fast today - I had only about 15 - 20 mins between each round to try and cool off the car which was not enough so after a while it got so hot out I was not even running the car beyond the tree as there were odd numbers of cars in the two runs before the final and I went for very low reaction times to get the bye laps and try and let my car cool down

I was a bit frustrated that i did not go faster - but in retrospect it was a good thing as Englishtown is my favorite track and they are strict on the roll bar rule for 11.99 and quicker - - IF I had bearly punched into the 11's today in the heat then I couldnt run under 12.00 again this year or risk being barred from the track - so - although i tried very hard to hit a 11.99 today - its good that i didnt because I have some more mods in the works for the next week or two and when I do go back to try a real fast run into the 11's - - I want it to be a good attempt - and try and beat my best WRX time of 11.88

I'm just happy to get the car home in one piece with nothing borken and still running well

PS - I'll be back there on July 5th and 6th for the import nationals and would love to hit 11's then
Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by mrdecibel
Al,

Are you running subwoofers as well? I noticed the pics of the Macintosh and the kicker amp. I would love to see your complete install. Great times by the way. Love to see a real daily driven car taken to the track in tact. If you were to be like the rest (Stripped down, 1/4 tank of gas) you would be in the upper 11's if not mids.
I took the sub woofer out as it is removable and fits in the spare tire well (I have it listed for sale in the clasified's if anyone is interetesed) - but did have all the other junk such as the mac giant amp - Xtant 603 for the rears - 1/0 monster cable batt wire - batt relocation box and super fat speaker wires - - it sure is all heavy stuff to have in the car - BUT - I love that sound and was pumped up listening to the 2f2f sound track on the way to the track at super loud levels !

The only conession I made to weight reduction was to take out the usual baby seat I normall have in the back seat at the track!!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Evos !
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-evos1.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Trophys
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-throphy1.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Fastest time slip
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-slip1.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks to the starter for a nice shot
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-drag1.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Run against Jeff Hill
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-run2.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

NOT an evo - but the winners of the best dressed award !
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-diliverance.jpg  
Old Jun 14, 2003, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

My next turbo - (saving my pennies)
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown-nextturbo.jpg  
Old Jun 15, 2003, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Zeus
Good job sir...
Thanks man !
Old Jun 15, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Alfriedesq - Nice runs!!!!

To each their own, but why do all of that to an Evolution for dragracing? Cobra's run 11's with a chip, pulley and some decent tires.......total cost about $1200.

I would imagine you have a good bit more into your car and it is somewhat less reliable than a chipped/pully'd mustang.?

Have fun!!!

Quick Reply: 1st Annual Mitsubishi Shootout - Englishtown