Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

lawsuit in process

Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation lawsuit in process

so here you are about to read this horrible story of an Ev0, and i need everyones help.
******* this is long painful and very confusing*********
please for the love of god read through
the whole thing i need answers and it
requires alot of information to be presented
please help

so lets start back when i baught it, dec 2005, i baught a lancer evolution VIII MR eddition.

taishi use to own it prior to me, he was at HIN in MN a few days ago, (ralliart)

couldn't have been happier.
was awesome for the whole winter (yea i know, im broke had to drive it)

i have 2 sets of rims and tires, winter and summer

march or april 2006 i put my summer set of rims and tires on and began to appreciate the drive of this car with summer advon tires.

in june my clutch started to slip, and i babied this car till i could find a aftermarket clutch kit

but,

in july *GASP* it was impounded.....

guess what happened

the tow company thought it was a REGULAR LANCER instead of a evolution, or a evolution 8 mr at at that matter.

(why you ask? simply the decals were missing on the evolution{thumbup} {thumbup} :confused: .... yea i know:sad: the punch line to this joke is that the decals are still there:lol: , in fact there still stock and don't appear to have been removed and then put back on... so theres BS number 1 {thumbdwn} )

so naturally when they towed it like a FWD lancer the transfer case was destroyed. Well, lets be honest here, before he got to his destination (traveling from 494 and lake rd (woodbury), to 694 and high 5 (oakdale)) there was smoke comming underneath the engine compartment..... *GASP*

not sure what he did first, call the OD fire department or get the car off the lift and set all 4 wheels on the ground.

either way when the fire department arrived on scene he noticed the all 4 tires were on the ground. (this is all in a letter the fire chief sent me) after the car was deemed safe to transport the tow truck driver decided he should tow with the rear wheels still on the ground:drink: :banghead: he began to tow it with the rear wheels on the ground a short distance (5 feet or so), which the cheif noticed that the rear wheels were not moving but rather dragging. so after this short distance the tow truck driver stopped got out and then said ohh i know what the problem is {pcfreak} :crap: :crap:

he began to put the awd dolleys inplaced (which i was charged for) then proceed to the impound lot maybe 2 miles away.

so thats the setup...

keep reading this were it starts to get confusing

when i picked it up 2 days later, i asked them if they used a flat bed, he said no, that they used the awd dolley system which he pointed to on the bill sheet. so with a sigh of relief i paid him, then when he got my reciet he proceed to tell me that the fire department was called to my car, (funnny key information exchanged AFTER i paid.. funny)

so i asked what happened and the {blob} at desk said he didn't know.

so i drove it to kline mitsubishi maybe a mile or so away...yea i wish they would of towed it there instead i think i might have made things worse.

well the initial damage report was that yes the tranfsercase was done... the mech kinda laughed when he said it... (u ever look at abroken part and laugh, he did)

so thank god ESURANCE is a good insurance company which they said they would pay for the repairs, well just the tranfercase.. right now

so 6 weeks later i get my car back, and the first thing they say is your gonna need a new clutch kit. :chug: i figured the clutch was still slipping from before and took the car and drove to work. well needless to say the CLUTCH KIT was F'ed and next day it was back into mitsubishi for a whole new stock clutch kit.

after that i got it back and noticed right away that the ride was a little uneven. so i kept it for a few days to see if i can't figure it out..well before i could do that i noticed that the car kept shutting completely off after i stopped the car, i.e the battery was not giving any power to the car..none... well i jumped it and then drove it to KLINE... we then noticed that the battery connecter was busted at the bottom which if you popped the hood and messed with it you could get it to power the car and what not...so it took them a week to get the part and no rental car so every day i had to get up, pop my hood, and mess with the connecter till the car started....

aren't we haven fun

seriously WTF

after i got the new connecter aswell as before i got the connecter i drove it maybe a couple of weeks before i noticed that the ride was really unbalanced..not to mention my radio wasn't working right, i.e the cd player (stock) won't play any cd, it either errors, or skips ever 2 secs.. but more importantly it vibrated when it drove at 55mph+ and as well as braking 65 - 40 mph. as well as the steering colume vibrated (always to the right first) when i took a curve at highway speeds

so i bring it back to mitsu

and we realize that the shaking, vibration and the unbalance ride of the car is due to the tires....

the rear tires were so bald, that there were metal threads pertruding out of the rubber ...so since i have no moeny due to the repairs plus lawyer fees ...no money:chug:

so i put my winter set on my car and left it at that...

for 3 weeks after that i still noticed these vibrations in the car and more importantly i notice it when it vibrating while taking a curve on the highway was getting worse quickly....

so i take it in and they balanced my tires and noticed that TWO of my rims were very noticaly bent(never told which ones). so i put my magnesium summer rims back on the car with winter tires. (also my winter tires and rims were only one season old)

again i noticed that there was a vibration still there, a little less but lets face it when its your car you noticed the small quirks... especially when they are not suppose to be there at all..

so i take it in and now the most noticible vibration is when i brake...so when mitsubishi tested it they felt nothing...(reminder 65 - 40 mph braking) they never took it past 35 miles.. after they told me that i insisted that there truely was something wronge, they said it might be my pads..well oddly enough i just had all 4 replaced maybe end of may early june 2006..so no try again...

he says that it could be my rotor and that he could machine them for me...thankfully they did it for free...

i take it back and still notice the problem...not as bad as before but still noticible..

so i take it in again and they machine the rotors one more time.. now there at there bair min.

im so pissed right now its not funny...

every time i get something done, they always say its as good as new.... but everytime i get it, its NOT!!!!

so winter hits and wow does this car F'ing suck...totally rear biased...above 40mph on a slightly slick service this evo's rear kicks out... not joking this car blows.... nothing like the first winter i had this car...

and about every three weeks i bring this car in to have them look at the suspension or brakes..and every time they don't find anything wronge.. *reminder* they only test drive it at city speeds..

feb hits

and so do i

i was taking a right turn exiting off the highway and turning on robert trail around 20mph 2nd gear tarmac and winter ACD selection (5am) as i moved into the left lane and starting pressing on the gas...the rear end whipped out left, then i tried to compensate... very quickly shifted into 3rd to try and get traction and yep I GOT TRACTION...spun out going under 25mph up and over the curb and the center slab of concrete. drove it to work..maybe a 3rd of a mile at 10 mph and called AAA...

this repair was monsterious...6 or 7K i believe..(bent 3 magnesium rims and broke 1, which had to be shipped from JAPAN 1K a peice (shipping and painting... i swear the whole rear of the car was replaced... monsterious...)

after that repair, :spin: i still noticed a vibration there...which led us to the 3 bent rims... now they say that the vibration in the brakes is due to the rotors being warped..yet no one has actually seen that this is truely the source of the vibration....and insurance won't pay for brake inspection cuz there wear and tear... yet while discovering why its shaking in the brakes we found that the rims were bent..and the problem still exists...

seriosuly as stupid as this sounds..this is what i went through just like this the whole bs...

i don't drive much but seriosuly go hire a lawyer and fight for 15 months at around 200 a hour... pay a car payment and try to get your car in for repairs...its tough seriously around 1600 a month tough...

i've had a few of my mechanic buddies look at my car and say yea the rotors are probably warped...but its more like the steering colum is fighting with the brakes.. thats the best way to describe it...

OKAY THATS THE SITUATION

NOW FOR THE CAUSE

i wanna sue for my cars worth....mitsubishi corporation told me that in 2005 only a 1000 evo 8 mr were produced in the usa..and 13 in the state of mn...

at around 45K miles it was towed wronge resulting in a transfercase and a clutch to be repaired and a battery connecter... i can't prove that the 2nd accident is because of the tow company..i swear to god that it is but thus cant prove it..so those damages can not be included in the lawsuit.

WHAT I NEED FROM EVERYONE AND ANYONE

the main focus is money people...

i don't beleive this car is worth more then a pet rock... now.... but my question to everyone is this

#1 If you were looking into buying a evo 8 mr with 45k miles, and i told you about the tow incident and the repairs that were immediatly done to the car, would you purchase this car from me at the blue book value?

#1b What reason would you purchase this car for? (ie would you purchase this car with these damages so you can have a daily driver. would you buy it, garage it and customize it with aftermarket parts.)

#2 if the tansfer case was truely the only thing that was wronge with the car, why would i have had to replace the whole clutch kit aswell... :dunno:

#2b most important is how the clutch kit was at that condition where i HAD to replace not just the clutch, but the whole clutch kit... Do you think he put it into gear and towed it? could the heat caused by the transfer case play any role in this situation

#3 if in fact the transfer case was the only damages that resulted because of this tow, why would the rear tires aooear draggin when he towed it like a FWD the second time, after the fire department came out..?:dunno:

#4 whats wronge with my car? why the vibration..this is a tough one i know.. no one can seem to figure this out...but please give me some suggestions as to why or what would cause the brakes to feels as if they are fighting with the steering colume?

if you have made it to here i greatly appreciate you spending the time to read this..i really need help, the tow company is doing some weird stuff with this case.. they aren't really taking blame for the towing..but more so saying they did it wronge because of something i did...the decal thing...:dunno: and i beg everyone and anyone to answer those questions i am going to court dec to a trail it should be funny... i am at the point were i just wanna break even with all the money spent on this car and this case...and when its done i still have this POS that no one seems to beable to fix or find in that matter what is truely wronge.... thanks eveyone, if its not an open court i will display the record resolving this case...

p.s

if you want the complete list of repairs let me know and i will create the list...
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

is there a shorter version somewhere thats not so hard to read?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

I'd say get a good lawyer and let him worry about everything. If you name all the parties that had your car as defendants, they could themselves figure out who was responsible for what (cross claim, set offs etc.). Try to find a lawyer that will work on contingency basis (prob be hard because there are so many things going on) but he wont collect until you collect. Your questions are too vague to ask everyone here because 1. they cant diagnose a problem without seeing/feeling your car and 2. your writing is very hard to follow. Maybe try spell check or have someone with a better writing skills.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:39 AM
Former Sponsor

cliffs?
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inneedof
cliffs?
+1
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

baught = bought!??!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

i cant read all of that
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:46 AM

Sounds like a clusterf*ck to me, good luck
Old Sep 25, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Car was definitely abused by them. Spend the money for a lawyer and clean house. Every last cent you paid for repairs,etc. and everything else you can get for it. The whole issue was the ignorance of the towing company and their lack of intelligence and professionalism. I would put them out of business. Just my .02. I wouldnt even want the car after being raped like that. I would make them pay for the entire vehicle + damages + extenuating circumstances (work, rental, labor) etc. Sorry to hear that about your Evo buddy. That is some horrific stuff.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by awd_ftw
Car was definitely abused by them. Spend the money for a lawyer and clean house. Every last cent you paid for repairs,etc. and everything else you can get for it. The whole issue was the ignorance of the towing company and their lack of intelligence and professionalism. I would put them out of business. Just my .02. I wouldnt even want the car after being raped like that. I would make them pay for the entire vehicle + damages + extenuating circumstances (work, rental, labor) etc. Sorry to hear that about your Evo buddy. That is some horrific stuff.
Thats the just of it. (PLSE SPEL CHEKE NEST TME)
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

SUE! SUE! Get ur money then part out the car. Ill take the headlights and tails!
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

you (or the dealer) didn't get an alignment?

sounds like that has been the problem all along... good luck with the lawyers, you will need it.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

i made it about two paragraphs down before the length and bad spelling made my head hurt....good luck with whatever happened, +3 to cliff notes version...
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow.........
Old Sep 25, 2007, 12:46 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
so, who are suing? mitsubishi? what did they do? they were forthcoming in doing the repairs. what I see the problem is, owning a vehicle that you cannot maintain and to add insult to injury was towed improperly by the tow company. improperly towing an awd vehicle can have damages beyond the transfercase. the clutch kit/clutch is damage because it is connected to the transfercase. bent wheel/alignment, etc. can all be due to the negligent towing. your best bet is just go to the insurance company and have all the repairs done under their bill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lawsuit in process