Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution IX - NA Production Numbers (updated)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That seems like alot of EVO IX came over to the US at 8200. The VIII only had around 3 to 4k per year so it's just hard to believe demand went up that high for it. Mainly for the Mivec addition thats why guys gravitated towards it. That and the 4WD setup was slightly better. Although I hear, the 2005 was updated i think.

I have a IX SE and they are real rare for sure. Everyone that I've met whoe owns /owned an EVO was a number VIII. Only 1 guy, I met had a 9 SE. I was shocked. He's lives real close to me and is the original owner. His is high miles but regardless its IX SE. If I were to guess I'd say under 600 were ever factory IX SE. For the MR SE just as rare also given the higher buy price. I"m glad my car is rare like an RS and add to it's collectable nature. Recently, there was a low mileage Integra type R that sold for 45K. Those are the conditions that will make the EVO IX hit stratospheric numbers. And maybe it will chart a course similar to a Supra TT where sub 100k examples hit $40- 70k price tags. Time will tell. But I will say, this EVO IX has brought me alot of SPG, smiles per gallon to strangers who ask about the car.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by maxboost10
That seems like alot of EVO IX came over to the US at 8200. The VIII only had around 3 to 4k per year so it's just hard to believe demand went up that high for it. Mainly for the Mivec addition thats why guys gravitated towards it. That and the 4WD setup was slightly better. Although I hear, the 2005 was updated i think. I have a IX SE and they are real rare for sure. Everyone that I've met whoe owns /owned an EVO was a number VIII. Only 1 guy, I met had a 9 SE. I was shocked. He's lives real close to me and is the original owner. His is high miles but regardless its IX SE. If I were to guess I'd say under 600 were ever factory IX SE. For the MR SE just as rare also given the higher buy price. I"m glad my car is rare like an RS and add to it's collectable nature. Recently, there was a low mileage Integra type R that sold for 45K. Those are the conditions that will make the EVO IX hit stratospheric numbers. And maybe it will chart a course similar to a Supra TT where sub 100k examples hit $40- 70k price tags. Time will tell. But I will say, this EVO IX has brought me alot of SPG, smiles per gallon to strangers who ask about the car.
the chances that this will happen is pretty high. the viii/ix was never offered in canada so we keep taking the usdm stock lol. almost like Americans took Jdm cars.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
There's a lot because our IX SE and MR SE models were basically the 2007s overseas, so it was almost like they sold the IX for two years. And there are more SEs than you think.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
There's a lot because our IX SE and MR SE models were basically the 2007s overseas, so it was almost like they sold the IX for two years. And there are more SEs than you think.
you cant really count the ones over seas. there's tons of every type of car in the world if you look at it that way. plus how many 2007 ix se evos do you think there will be left in another 10-20 years. There will be a lot of die hard evo guys with good jobs out there wanting to relive their mid 20s to 30s and would be willing to drop a lot of cash on a clean one. myself included

Last edited by RallySport9; Feb 26, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
you cant really count the ones over seas. there's tons of every type of car in the world if you look at it that way. plus how many 2007 ix se evos do you think there will be left in another 10-20 years. There will be a lot of die hard evo guys with good jobs out there wanting to relive their mid 20s to 30s and would be willing to drop a lot of cash on a clean one. myself included
I think you misunderstood my post -- I wasn't counting the ones overseas, I was just saying that the SEs sold stateside are basically the 2007 models overseas, which had the SE lips and had the BBS wheels in Diamond Black (when equipped with BBS wheels). So the higher production numbers of the 2006 Evo IX sold here were as high as they were because of what was officially an extended run of them, but more like close to two years' worth of Evos all sold as 2006s, again because the car as it was wouldn't pass certain US safety regulations (which I think were side impact-related) that were to take effect for 2007 models.
Old Feb 28, 2017, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any information out there how many USDM Evo IX's of the differnt models were built in 2005 vs. 2006.

My 2006 USDM Evo IX MR has a 2005 build plate on it ....

I assume that not all of them were built in 2005.
Old May 3, 2022, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by metalsaber
Not likely. The way things are headed, we will be lucky to own gas vehicles in 20 yrs. I say have fun with them while you can. No sense keeping it as a garage vehicle.

most of you guys should of garaged those cars. my cousin bought an evo mr with original 1,500 miles for $75,000 on BAT. These cars are so damn sought after right now! You can’t find a mint one under $50,000.
Old May 4, 2022, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

One also just sold for 63k qith 31k miles. Funny how people underrated these cars when they were not so hard to find, I always knew how special they were. Evo 8s/9s are up there with the best and it reflects in the rising price/demand. Check the graphs for the evo 9 on classic.com and youl see the trends. It's the fastest incline since the r34 gtr in 2015. I see these cars hitting 6 figures quite easy in the next 5ish years.