Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The effects of street racing...

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The effects of street racing...

Here you go people... This is why you should keep it at the track!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/..._racing_deaths
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
f*&cking retard street "racers"..
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

yup.^^ but i think everyone has had there share of street racing..some are more cautious than others..sad to see things like this
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:30 PM

good post...thank you
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
First of all, I don't advocate street racing, as it is illegal. But that aside...

From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?

Last edited by DeeezNuuuts83; Feb 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

"From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?"

I agree. He didn't see the people standing in the road.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83
First of all, I don't advocate street racing, as it is illegal. But that aside...

From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?
Everybody is to blame. Attending and promoting a street race makes you just as responsible as the ones driving, but it's still the drivers fault no matter what. Anybody else notice that the car that crashed was a white unmarked crown vic? They got some weird races down in md.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
^ Yet the media twists it around like a street racer killed everybody.

Like I said before, street racing is illegal and I'm against it, but it's unethical for a news report to place blame for numerous deaths on a driver who they label as a street racer when the article itself says he was just a guy driving by who wasn't smart enough to notice a crowd on the road. Obviously they shouldn't have been there, but it's hard to miss a crowd of fifty. Look at it this way... when there is an accident on the other side of the freeway, everyone in front of you slows down to look, which is stupid. They're not supposed to slow down, but if you rear-end the guy in front of you, then that's your fault.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, so the street racer's didn't hurt a soul, but the idiot in the Caprice managed to crash into the people watching the race WTF?

Scorke
Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Wow, so the street racer's didn't hurt a soul, but the idiot in the Caprice managed to crash into the people watching the race WTF?

Scorke
ummm.......a deer in the road is understandable but people don't expect a crowd of people in the road, not the white cars fault. Take it to a track.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

the white car did not even have his lights on dude cmon now that is why he could not see everyone standing ON THE SIDE becaus i highly doubt they were standing in the middle of the street. if he had his lights on he could have probally seen the people and what was he even doing driving on the side of the road. alcohol maye narcodics i bet he/she was not tested because they were saying it was the viewers fault.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Dude.

What if they had gathered because there was a deer in the road, or a body, or anything that made it reasonable for them to be in the road..... regardless of why there where people in the road, how do you not SEE 5-6 people.

I don't usually sympathize for the street racing crowd, but if ever there was a time this is it.

Scorke
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you really have to be dumb to stand in the middle of a highway. Also why was a 60 year old man there? story is weird and stupid.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Look everyone is in the wrong ok. If you know of a street race happening and you stay to watch you are just as at fault. I'm not excusing the drivers at all but everyone had a choice to make. That is why in NY it is illegal just to be in the area of a street race.

But I don't care what anyone here says everyone and I mean EVERYONE has raced on the street weather it was you vs. your friend or some clown who challenged you on the highway on the way home from work. Nobody here is that much of an angel. I look back at all the street racing I did and I can say I'm not proud of it but I did do it and made it to a point in my life where i realized it was just plan ol dumb
Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Dude.

What if they had gathered because there was a deer in the road, or a body, or anything that made it reasonable for them to be in the road..... regardless of why there where people in the road, how do you not SEE 5-6 people.

Scorke
How do you not SEE 5-6 people in the road??

Like the article says the racers had completed burnouts and the crowd was probably not visible for the smoke hangine in the air (no wind).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The effects of street racing...