The effects of street racing... - evolutionm.net
evolutionm.net - Home of the Lancer Evolution
Home Features Community Marketplace Registry Garage Store

Go Back   evolutionm.net > Lancer Evolution 1-9 Forums > Evo General
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.

Welcome to EvolutionM.net!
Welcome to EvolutionM.net.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
Garage is empty, add now

The effects of street racing...

Here you go people... This is why you should keep it at the track!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080216/..._racing_deaths

Dogboxracing

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:28 PM   #2
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (16)
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Drives: 2014 Evo X GSR - 2008 Evo X Rally Car

Robevo rally harracing Robevo RS
f*&cking retard street "racers"..
Quote:
Ted Theodore, CCR-SCCA Board of Director

" People under estimate Rob and that Evo. They are in for a surprise. 5th fastest car last year... but all his runs were in the wet Saturday while all else ran Sunday on the dry."

Latest news and what is happening with us
http://harracing.com

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (8)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: a31 evo ix

yup.^^ but i think everyone has had there share of street racing..some are more cautious than others..sad to see things like this

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:30 PM   #4
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 90 TSI

good post...thank you

www.Evolution-V.com

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:32 PM   #5
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Bone-stock Evo IX SE

First of all, I don't advocate street racing, as it is illegal. But that aside...

From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?

Last edited by DeeezNuuuts83; Feb 16, 2008 at 12:34 PM.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:38 PM   #6
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

"From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?"

I agree. He didn't see the people standing in the road.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:45 PM   #7
BBS
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (18)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: IX MR, E60 M5, EG6 Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
First of all, I don't advocate street racing, as it is illegal. But that aside...

From what I can gather, while the title of the related video link says "7 killed when street racer plows into crowd," the article seems to say that the person who plowed into the crowd was just an oncoming car (not part of the race) that didn't see the people. So based on that, the blame for the actual accident itself should be on the spectators who crowded onto the road and the driver of the white sedan, right?
Everybody is to blame. Attending and promoting a street race makes you just as responsible as the ones driving, but it's still the drivers fault no matter what. Anybody else notice that the car that crashed was a white unmarked crown vic? They got some weird races down in md.

Stay trolling my friends

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:45 PM   #8
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Bone-stock Evo IX SE

^ Yet the media twists it around like a street racer killed everybody.

Like I said before, street racing is illegal and I'm against it, but it's unethical for a news report to place blame for numerous deaths on a driver who they label as a street racer when the article itself says he was just a guy driving by who wasn't smart enough to notice a crowd on the road. Obviously they shouldn't have been there, but it's hard to miss a crowd of fifty. Look at it this way... when there is an accident on the other side of the freeway, everyone in front of you slows down to look, which is stupid. They're not supposed to slow down, but if you rear-end the guy in front of you, then that's your fault.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:51 PM   #9
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Around Crowds watching street racers

Send a message via AIM to scorke
Wow, so the street racer's didn't hurt a soul, but the idiot in the Caprice managed to crash into the people watching the race WTF?

Scorke
Pressure exploits either the greatest strengths, or the slightest weakness in human or machine; whether that pressure stems from forced atmospheric induction, or is psychological in nature. The result is that human, or machine, becomes legendary either for their increased strength under pressure, or for fracturing as a result of the stress. The most important modification is the driver.

Built 2.3+TwinScroll35R+OhlinsDFV...Road Course Car part out

Old Feb 16, 2008, 12:52 PM   #10
Evolving Member
Personal Sales Rating: (8)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 2001 Intrepid R/T(Sold), 2006 Evo IX SE, 2008.5 Mazda 3

Send a message via MSN to Spookpur
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorke View Post
Wow, so the street racer's didn't hurt a soul, but the idiot in the Caprice managed to crash into the people watching the race WTF?

Scorke
ummm.......a deer in the road is understandable but people don't expect a crowd of people in the road, not the white cars fault. Take it to a track.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:00 PM   #11
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (17)
Garage is empty, add now

the white car did not even have his lights on dude cmon now that is why he could not see everyone standing ON THE SIDE becaus i highly doubt they were standing in the middle of the street. if he had his lights on he could have probally seen the people and what was he even doing driving on the side of the road. alcohol maye narcodics i bet he/she was not tested because they were saying it was the viewers fault.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:01 PM   #12
Evolved Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: Around Crowds watching street racers

Send a message via AIM to scorke
Dude.

What if they had gathered because there was a deer in the road, or a body, or anything that made it reasonable for them to be in the road..... regardless of why there where people in the road, how do you not SEE 5-6 people.

I don't usually sympathize for the street racing crowd, but if ever there was a time this is it.

Scorke
Pressure exploits either the greatest strengths, or the slightest weakness in human or machine; whether that pressure stems from forced atmospheric induction, or is psychological in nature. The result is that human, or machine, becomes legendary either for their increased strength under pressure, or for fracturing as a result of the stress. The most important modification is the driver.

Built 2.3+TwinScroll35R+OhlinsDFV...Road Course Car part out

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:08 PM   #13
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: 03 TB evo 8

DroppedBYduddy
Send a message via AIM to godmiller10
you really have to be dumb to stand in the middle of a highway. Also why was a 60 year old man there? story is weird and stupid.

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:14 PM   #14
Evolved Member
Personal Sales Rating: (7)
Garage is empty, add now

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC

Drives: 05 Apex Silver Version 8, 2001 GSX-R 1000

Send a message via AIM to DBallz
Look everyone is in the wrong ok. If you know of a street race happening and you stay to watch you are just as at fault. I'm not excusing the drivers at all but everyone had a choice to make. That is why in NY it is illegal just to be in the area of a street race.

But I don't care what anyone here says everyone and I mean EVERYONE has raced on the street weather it was you vs. your friend or some clown who challenged you on the highway on the way home from work. Nobody here is that much of an angel. I look back at all the street racing I did and I can say I'm not proud of it but I did do it and made it to a point in my life where i realized it was just plan ol dumb

Stock Block and Head

FP Red 80mm
Kelford 272's
Beehive Springs
Precision 1k injectors
EPM 02 Dump
ETS 3.5" IC Kit
APS BOV
PPI Extreme Ported Hotside, Exhaust Mani, Intake Mani, and TB
469@28psi on 93

Old setup
Stock Evo 8 Turbo
322.7 whp 320tq 21.5 psi on 93 oct
355.8 whp 430tq 25 psi on c16

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:15 PM   #15
Evolving Member
Garage is empty, add now

Drives: '06 Evo MR, (SOLD May 3, '06) and '04 Ducati 999 Bi and '89 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorke View Post
Dude.

What if they had gathered because there was a deer in the road, or a body, or anything that made it reasonable for them to be in the road..... regardless of why there where people in the road, how do you not SEE 5-6 people.

Scorke
How do you not SEE 5-6 people in the road??

Like the article says the racers had completed burnouts and the crowd was probably not visible for the smoke hangine in the air (no wind).

Old Feb 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
EvolutionM
Mitsubishi Lancer

Paid Advertisement

Tags
articles, deaths, died, effect, effects, gov, graphs, illegal, mustang, nj, org, people, racing, racingedu, ratings, street