Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

bird chirp/cricket noise

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 01:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bird chirp/cricket noise

ive posted about this before but didnt really get any help. when my car fully warms up and i get over 20-25mph, theres this strange noise that sounds like a bird chirp or cricket noise. its nothing with my clutch because its still there when my clutch is pressed and am coasting. it goes away when im at a stand still or get below the speed listed above. does anyone know what this is and how to fix it?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's a plastic trim piece that on the outside of your car that overlaps another one. It's kind of hard to describe unless I get a picture. If you look near the bottom of your windshield on the outside (corners you'll see a plastic trim piece). I put double sided 3M piece where the separation is for both corners. When you are going fast the air is going under the trim and making it vibrate like a reed on the end of a coronet instrument.

I had taken to the dealer for warranty work so they could look at it for the same issue. It took them over 3hrs. and they couldn't figure it out. I put 3M tape under the plastic trim piece and no more noise. Try that and update your post, good luck.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On occasion the plastic around the radio makes a sound similar to that. It only does it when driving though. Next time you hear it try pushing in on the top center or the corners.