Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How to tell the difference

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to tell the difference

I purchased an 04 Evo VIII for a dealer ship and they told me that the previous owner of the Evo owned a performance shop and had done some light mods. I want to install the IX BOV but how do I know if my evo has a VIII BOV or a XI BOV. I have been looking for pictures of how the VIII BOV looks like to find out which one I have but all I find are pictures of the XI BOV.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

easy. The VIII BOV is plastic. The IX is metal.

Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah...VIII's are all black and plastic IX is listed above. If it looks different then that then it's something else. Post a pic up.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

This is the VIII BOV

Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:05 PM

well my BOV is not plastic so its not the VIII BOV but it doesnt look like the XI BOV. I have attach some pics of it.

Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Looks like an aftermarket unit to me.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry for the sort of hi-jack but its topic related and I don't want to create another thread. Where does the original DV mount to? I have SSQ with HKS piping and I want to get rid of it and go to a IX / X DV. I got my car with these parts on already. I'd just like to end the rpm dipping issues & experience good drivability. What piping / flanges would I need to convert back to IX/X. Here's some pics of the X DV and engine bay for visuals. Thanks for the help sorry again for the hi-jack.

Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by phishy
Sorry for the sort of hi-jack but its topic related and I don't want to create another thread. Where does the original DV mount to? I have SSQ with HKS piping and I want to get rid of it and go to a IX / X DV. I got my car with these parts on already. I'd just like to end the rpm dipping issues & experience good drivability. What piping / flanges would I need to convert back to IX/X. Here's some pics of the X DV and engine bay for visuals. Thanks for the help sorry again for the hi-jack.

that UICP needs to turn 180 degrees, and you're missing a small rubber hose that goes down to the BOV.

the part of the BOV that you are holding in your hand connects to that rubber hose.
Then the other side goes into another rubber hose that you're missing. and that connects to the intake.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IrightI
that UICP needs to turn 180 degrees, and you're missing a small rubber hose that goes down to the BOV.

the part of the BOV that you are holding in your hand connects to that rubber hose.
Then the other side goes into another rubber hose that you're missing. and that connects to the intake.
Would the Injen intake system (SP1898) with U + LIC piping work? Here it is. http://www.injen.com/galleries/produ...98_product.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INJEN...Q5fAccessories

I'm on stock rubber tubing might as well upgrade and make some gains :O lmk if this works or what upgrade works. Thanks again!

Last edited by phishy; Mar 26, 2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Luke18
well my BOV is not plastic so its not the VIII BOV but it doesnt look like the XI BOV. I have attach some pics of it.
SSQV or SSQV rep.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Hks bov.
Originally Posted by luke18
well my bov is not plastic so its not the viii bov but it doesnt look like the xi bov. I have attach some pics of it.