Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

lookin to buy this evo, a lil help first.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookin to buy this evo, a lil help first.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

im lookin for an evo and this one doesnt seem too bad. im sure i can work the price down a lil more. can you guys check out the engine bay pic and tell me what you guys see? what kind of intake is that? thanks in advance
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never seen an intake like that. It actually looks like the amp for my sub lol..

Other than the intake, it has a cusco power brace and that radiator pipe is not stock. That price is WAY too high though. Too high!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:40 PM

Agree with the high price. I feel like you can find a better deal. I also don't know what intake that it. But it looks like it has aftermarket upper intercooler pipes, but can't tell for sure. And out of all honesty, I wouldn't go with a used Evo with mods or mid milage, never know who beat the hell out of it. Just my opinion, good luck
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:56 PM

kinda hard to find one with low miles around my area. but i know what you guys mean, thanks. ive never seen an intake like that either haha. and ya i know about the price, im not set on this one so im still lookin, just wanted to get the experts opinions on here haha.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Thats the stock intake, with the top section removed and the top clips holding the air filter in place....a bit sketchy in my opinion. Everything else looks stock under the hood. Car does seem too expensive though and if removing the top of the filter box is somebody's idea of a mod, who knows what else has been done to it.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:19 AM

24g for a evo 8? i rather get an evo 9 SE or MR
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A weird shift knob, a cheapo boost gauge, some kind of exhaust and a varis style PU front lip. Yeah, I'll agree with EVOSE06. Pretty sketchy if they're using cheap parts and think leaving the filter cover open is a kind of "mod". But of course, the car is pretty close to stock as it can be. Stock shocks and stock springs so it looks like they never even tried lowering it.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 121 Likes on 105 Posts
To me this evo looks stock. The open element air filter is easily fixable. The cusco power brace is a nice touch on a blue evo. The miles are lowish. The upper intercooler pipe is stock. Check to see if the 30k service was done. If this Evo has the hid fogs then I would buy this Evo if I didnt already have one.

I say take it for a test drive and go WOT. If the clutch doesn't slip then try to get it OTD for 21K.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

as my auto teacher would say that's a piece of **** but on another note the intakes sketchy and the price is to high if u hang around on the forums for a while you can find a lower mileage evo for cheaper
Old Nov 1, 2011, 03:10 AM

thanks guys for the input. kinda sucks cuz ive passed up a lot of deals in the past months because im deployed right now. but its almost that time to start lookin for one haha. so im startin a bit early but its all good.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If that is a licensed dealer I would also point out that you want a carfax as well. Seem kind of pricey to me though