Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

03 Evo 8 Front Brake Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Evo 8 Front Brake Problems

Hi guys, I just bought an 03 Evo 8 yesterday. I tried replacing the front brakes today since it made grinding noises and the pads looked really thin. I replaced the front brake pads with an autozone duralast gold brand and had the rotors cut. After installing the brakes, it still made that grinding noise that sends vibration to the brake pedal. Now what I'm wondering is that, should I have used a different set of brake pads? Should I buy a different brand since the duralast golds may not be compatible with the brembo brake system? or would it be the brake caliper? it makes a really loud grinding sound when brakes are put on at a low speed, then after driving the car for a bit, the noise disappears but the front brakes don't seem to be working very well. Please I need your help, it's a real safety issue and I'd like to fix it. I'm not very familiar with the brembo brake system. I'd appreciate it if any of you would share your knowledge. Please respond, thank you.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I would never personally run any pads on my evo from autozone unless they were selling hawk pads. Even so, you can find better deals online through the vendors. Did they measure your rotors and ensure they were in spec? Honestly I'd get new pads and rotors. If you're on a budget girodisc has a bailout package for some affordable rotors and pads.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ct-thread.html