Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Looking for all EVO 8, 9 people with 6 speed still.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Still got mine at the same power level, 67-68,000 miles.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of all you higher hp guys, how often are you changing your driveline fluids? Every 30k or sooner then that?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still have mine at a little over 300 whp with 110k miles on the same clutch and the car still looks brand new-ish
Old Jul 14, 2014, 06:53 PM

bought mine with 48000 miles and had it retuned and 4th gear developed an issue within a few weeks of owning..only put down 330
Old Jul 15, 2014, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

looks like getting some pretty goon info out there, some people not really having any problems with the 6 speed at all, and some say they are. All I know is I love my 6 Speed love they stiffness, and the way it shifts. people keep us updated if doing anything special to your 6 speed that would be beneficial for us.
MIKE
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Oil cooler definitely seems to be the best thing going right now
Old Jul 30, 2014, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
So far, I have 88k miles on my 6 speed. Thats about 12k since i bought it. And 470whp, 444wtq for the past 6-7k miles. When i got the car, i changed the trans fluid with the OEM Diaqueen 6-speed fluid. I ran that for about 4k miles, and it ran very well, with no issues besides being a little notchy when it was a cold start. I was @384 who and 352wtq. Then I decided to try something different (thinking i could get rid of the cold start notchy-ness).

So i tried Pennzoil Syncromesh, and that was the WORST idea ever. Its not that it grinded all the time, but it just didn't like to shift anymore, as if it was trying to lock me out of certain gears. So after getting frustrated over how it shifted, i drained that out after just 1k of use.

I did a little more research, and found on TRE's website that they recommend the OEM stuff, AMSOIL Mtg, and Motul. So i picked up some AMSOIL Mtg, and right out of my garage, it felt like a completely different trans. All the notch-ness went away.

Ive been running that AMSOIL for about 7k miles now, and its been great. I def recommend it. My 6-speed trans just loves it. The OEM fluid is great too, but it feels like the AMSOIL is just smoother, and is easier getting into to gears at High RPM ( which can suck since I'm still running an ACT single disk clutch, High RPM shifting can suck sometimes)

Now this winter i do plan on getting TRE to build my 6-speed and i will be running an Exedy Hyper twin disk Clutch, and AMSOIL Mtg in it. Ill be sure to keep this updated, and see how that works out.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
120k on my drivetrain with 7 track days and 3 drag race events. stock clutch went out after 75k miles and i've been on the ACT HDSS Clutch since and still going strong.

Im putting down 364awhp at the moment but am in the process of transitioning to E85. So far so good. No grinds or pop outs what so ever.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by connor4200
my 6 speed trans on my IX still feels perfect 376whp 349ft/lbs 51000 miles on the car AMSOIL in the Trans works great
88k miles 4th constantly makes a spun bearing noise while it's in gear even withclutch pressed to floor and in gear. I can still use 4th though but its rough
Old Aug 11, 2014, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by connor4200

88k miles 4th constantly makes a spun bearing noise while it's in gear even withclutch pressed to floor and in gear. I can still use 4th though but its rough
A moment of silence for the transmission
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by milruner
Was the 542hp just to much for the trans, that you could tell, or was it just to much for you to handle? Thanks for the input.
MIKE
That was running on meth.
I didn't like running on meth, either your on it or your not.
I didn't want to be on it all the time so I got rid of the meth.
Otherwise there was nothing wrong with the TRANS!
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Made a little over 400 on e85. Unfortunately barely drove it but the trans help up fairly well.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

How many of you still use the stock undertray? I ask because the original design has vents directed at the transmission and I'm wondering if removed, could contribute to excess heat not being removed by those vents and eventually killing the transmission.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
80k miles before my Shep trans 4th gear went (about 40k on the gear set). Sad days indeed. Lesson learned, get a trans cooler for road courses!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by EvoIX89
So far, I have 88k miles on my 6 speed. Thats about 12k since i bought it. And 470whp, 444wtq for the past 6-7k miles. When i got the car, i changed the trans fluid with the OEM Diaqueen 6-speed fluid. I ran that for about 4k miles, and it ran very well, with no issues besides being a little notchy when it was a cold start. I was @384 who and 352wtq. Then I decided to try something different (thinking i could get rid of the cold start notchy-ness).

So i tried Pennzoil Syncromesh, and that was the WORST idea ever. Its not that it grinded all the time, but it just didn't like to shift anymore, as if it was trying to lock me out of certain gears. So after getting frustrated over how it shifted, i drained that out after just 1k of use.

I did a little more research, and found on TRE's website that they recommend the OEM stuff, AMSOIL Mtg, and Motul. So i picked up some AMSOIL Mtg, and right out of my garage, it felt like a completely different trans. All the notch-ness went away.

Ive been running that AMSOIL for about 7k miles now, and its been great. I def recommend it. My 6-speed trans just loves it. The OEM fluid is great too, but it feels like the AMSOIL is just smoother, and is easier getting into to gears at High RPM ( which can suck since I'm still running an ACT single disk clutch, High RPM shifting can suck sometimes)

Now this winter i do plan on getting TRE to build my 6-speed and i will be running an Exedy Hyper twin disk Clutch, and AMSOIL Mtg in it. Ill be sure to keep this updated, and see how that works out.

You got a graph? I've heard 400 awtq is the limit but you've went above it. You still on stock 2.0L ?

Quick Reply: Looking for all EVO 8, 9 people with 6 speed still.