Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX, CEL when start up. Cold start problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2012, 05:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo IX, CEL when start up. Cold start problem

Mainly stock with cat removed, s1, 20g fins, ecuflash tuned.

I've been having this CEL lights up frequently every morning like 8 out of 10 when i cold start my car. Since the first day i got my car, i will always insert my key, turn to ON, and wait for the CEL, SRS, etc lights gone then i'll press the clutch and start the car.
So few months back, the CEL appeared becoming more frequently and it will last for 5 or less sec after startup.
Have tried to diagnose the ecu for error code with handtool but couldn't found any error when engine off or on.

In addition, there is another problem, i don wan to make another thread for it, and i think is not related to the CEL lights because sometimes both just doesnt happen in the same time.

Also happened when cold start ONLY, occasionally like 2 out of 10 times cold start. After the engine started, there is a very very very rough sound and it will last for like 20 secs and go off, never happen after engine warm. Will try to upload video if i manage to catch the sound! I've tried to detect where is the sound coming from, and somehow i believe is from somewhere near the block, or could it be inside? Im not sure.

Last edited by clanzkiller; Dec 7, 2012 at 05:33 PM.