Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

help with downpipe guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with downpipe guys!!!

ok guys so I recently installed my exhaust on my evo 8 and everything was fine but as soon as I drove it I heard a clicking sound and I look under the car and my downpipe went down a bit cause of my exhaust weight I guess so now my downpipe hits my transfer case I think it is and its only at idle and high revs I have a turbo xs downpipe and invidia exhaust it also hits the braces but that's fixable wit some washers my main ? is how to fix my downpipe from not hitting the transfer case I tried moving a bit but the hangers I have (kartboy and oem tried them both) but still nothing so help guys plz cause its driving me crazy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

I get the feeling I'm going to run into this issue this weekend. Hopefully the Buschur DP I ordered today doesn't rub.

Anyway, you need a hammer.

Edit: I'm going to assume you have an 05 or an 06. Am I right?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll tell you what you gotta do since you have a full set each of Kartboy and OEM hangers. right? At least this is the way I solved it when I had a similar problem:

Imagine there is an axial centerline down the length of your exhaust. You'll want to only use the OEM hangers on the side closest to the contact area. That is use the OEM hangers on the passenger side of the exhaust. Install only Kart boys on the driver's side of the exhaust. Since the OEM's give and the Kartboys don't, this will pull the DP away from the TC. Combining hangers in this configuration, softer along one side, and harder on the other side, should accomplish what you want.

You may want to loosen the bolts at all the juncture flanges between TP/Cat/muffler/DP, etc.(finger tight), while you install the hangers. See how it all lines up, check for interference/contact, then tighten everything down afterward.

Last edited by sparky; Dec 10, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:54 PM

its a 04.... yea thanks that sounds like it might jst work ima give it a try tomorrow