Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so after clutch install... :(

Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so after clutch install... :(

so after i took my car in to get clutch replaced i noitced all my acd lights were on.. come to find out they didnt replenish my acd fluid. so i drove it back up there and had them fill it up.. then 2 days later while driving down the road in 5th gear the rpms dropped (while in gear) and i coasted to a stop light. i put it in gear and tried to go and the car whined like crazy and didnt move. WTF!! car has less then 90 miles on new clutch. had the car towed back to the place that installed the clutch. i also should add that when taking off in 1st the car would shake like crazy like it wanted to stall out but worse.. im thinking they never replaced fluids after draining them.. the car was also really hard to put in gear.. especially reverse.. any thoughts of what could happened?? thanks
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

This sounds bad. Thank god i do all big work myself. This is the reason I never go to shops.

GL and hope someone can give you answers. Make that shop pay.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
did they adjust clutch after install? maybe they didint properly replace the wave ring clip or throw out bearing. have the shop re-due the job, they'll find what they fkd up
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:53 PM

not sure what they fkd up. but this is not good things
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
sounds like they didnt put ANY fluids back in your car. lol good bye trans and xcase
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:05 PM

Where in CA are you located? I would of searched around and taken it to a reputable shop.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

If they didn't do the job correctly the first time I'd find a new shop fast. A clutch swap isn't that hard. If they didn't top off your ACD fluid i'm sure they also forgot to bleed it too. I hope they didn't drain your T-case fluid and forget to fill it. That would cause the problems you're having. The hard shifting and putting it into 1st gear could be a few different think. You should start with the clutch pedal adjustment and bleed the clutch just to make sure there's no air in it. If that doesn't help then the flywheel or pressure plate could be warped.

Originally Posted by lostsoulsevo
did they adjust clutch after install? maybe they didint properly replace the wave ring clip or throw out bearing. have the shop re-due the job, they'll find what they fkd up
The wave ring wouldn't cause any of your problems.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:27 PM

i took it to a really reputable shop here in town.. they are known for subarsus tho
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id take it back to them asap and have them fix w.e. they messed up
Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by itsmrrizz2you
id take it back to them asap and have them fix w.e. they messed up
Ditto
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:27 AM

i wish i could take it to someone else and have them go over everything and tell me what all is messed up and have the shop that messed it up pay for them go over everything.. i have lost all trust in them now and dont feel confident in there work. This is a huge inconvience. wondering if i should bring a lawyer with me?? i have a feeling they are gunna say it isnt there fault
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Go down there, stand up for yourself. Explain that they didn't complete the job they were hired to do, and if you need to have another shop fix their mistake, that instead of being out of pocket fixing their F'ups, that they will instead be paying the labor rate for a shop that will fix thier F'ups.

If they fix it, all is good. if they disagree to it...

well, at that point call up your credit card company, and do a charge-back
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
If there was no transmission fluid, it would sound like a freaking fire truck, you would know right away...... ACD fluid maybe another thing.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:55 AM
Evolving Member

You absolutely need the trans fluid in there, no trans fluid in the ACD Reservoir, ACD no work. If ACD no work, it starts to kill itself.
You'll more than likely need to rebuild the tcase. Time to make them pay for a TRE rebuild.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 09:14 AM

heading up to the shop here in alittle bit. im going to ask that they drain all the fluids in front of me so that i know they were refilled. we will soon find out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: so after clutch install... :(