Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cel p0132

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2013, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cel p0132

About a week ago, I was running errands at night and my CEL came on. I scanned the code it was P0132. I cleared the code, to see if it would pop up again later on. The next day, there was no CEL, but I scanned anyways to see if it was pending and surely enough it was pending. I left it alone and drove normally to work. The CEL eventually came back on and I cleared it again.

I later got the front O2 sensor replaced, cause thats what the code was referring to and my EVO 9 is at 106k miles, so it could of been bad. After getting it replaced, I drove the car for a full day, no CEL. But when I scanned the car, it showed it pending again. I have cleared once more, and drove it another full day and scanned it again, and there it is again, pending. So far it hasn't popup as a CEL.

Any idea what the issue could be? The car drives fine for the most part, but it idles pretty bad and sometimes would hesitate to accelerate from a dead stop.
Old May 10, 2013, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Make sure you don't have any vacuum leaks, although I would think a vac leak would cause a lean code.

Any exhaust leaks that you know about? Does the wiring in the harness going to the oxygen sensor look ok?

I want to say that the hesitation may be related or an underlying issue causing that oxygen sensor code to popup.