Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shifting Problems

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 06:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shifting Problems

Hi

I have a problem with my shifting on my 6 speed

it is Mainly with 1st and Reverse

with the car turn on 1st is kinda hard to get it in if i am at a full stop

Reverse wont go in with the car turn on 90% of the item , the car needs to be pushed back so gear goes in or i have to turn off the car , put it on reverse and turn it on and I am good to go....

sometimes with the clutch pressed in and reverse gear in , the car moves backwards like if it was a auto transmission car...

While in motion gears go in , but sometimes they put resistance and i have to force them a little.... this include all gears
I have an Exedy Twin -
The Clutch engament is at the top of the pedal so i dont if clutch adjusten is the problem...
Clutch Master Cylinder is good

My friend told it might be synchors , since last tranny fluid change a lot of white stuff came out (metal) and since i do little bit of street racing (no dig races , just roll)

I use The original Diaqueen fluid

Any suggestion of what it might be?

I have tried putting it in 1st , and with the clutch still pressd in chaging back to reverse , but that is no good also

my though is that is the Pressure Plate....

Any questions feel free to ask...
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would first get under the car and look through the inspection hole while someone pushes the clutch in and make sure the wedge collar for the pressure plate is is indeed still connected properly on the throw out bearing and pressure plate it is.

If you are having engagement issues into all the gears it is very possible your clutch isn't fully disengaging, especially since you mentioned that it moves even when the clutch pedal is down.

Check over all the basics first, make sure the wedge collar is good, check shift cables and make sure they are attached, make sure you slave cylinder is fully engaging and that its not a hydraulic issue with the cmc or slave cylinder.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

clutch is dragging, try adjusting it.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by donzilla2004
I would first get under the car and look through the inspection hole while someone pushes the clutch in and make sure the wedge collar for the pressure plate is is indeed still connected properly on the throw out bearing and pressure plate it is.

If you are having engagement issues into all the gears it is very possible your clutch isn't fully disengaging, especially since you mentioned that it moves even when the clutch pedal is down.

Check over all the basics first, make sure the wedge collar is good, check shift cables and make sure they are attached, make sure you slave cylinder is fully engaging and that its not a hydraulic issue with the cmc or slave cylinder.
Thanks for the tip , I will do that
Old Jun 17, 2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
clutch is dragging, try adjusting it.
I will try adjusting it , i already adjusted the shifter . hope the problem is something simple like that...