Notices
Evo Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

One of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen on an Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ this.

But... +1 for the plasti-dip as well.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So many haters in this thread that should get a short ban
Old Jan 6, 2014, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boostbaby86
when you pay 3500 for a car and put it together in two days and daily it for months without a problem who cares what it looks like. Im not into show cars so it doesn't bother me and if you bothers you that much you have way too much time on your hands. Runs like a raped ape and gets me everywhere i need to go

I hear ya man.. Its not that bad of a deal for a car that has gotten you around reliably. It cosmetically needs work, but I understand how that's not a priority for you at this point. Its funny how folks get so worked up over someone elses's car. I mean its one thing if the owner of that car is coming on here bragging and talking crap, but to each their own.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
l]

Last edited by eking; Jan 7, 2014 at 07:57 AM. Reason: video will not play
Old Jan 7, 2014, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIxoxo
Show cars? How about not making a highly reputable world champion rally car look like a banana boat? If you got your hands on it in such poor condition at least have some respect to the community and not drive it like that. I'm not saying get a 4000 dollar turbo kit and a stroker. Just clean the damn car up before you drive it. Dear lord.
I honestly take offense to this comment. I rather not go into it deeper, but lighten up.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

We all had fun at this poor guys expense and now I feel a little guilty about it. Just had a kid, proly has a million other things to buy for that kid, I have a 12 year old son and believe me kids are expensive as hell. If we are talkin smack about the asking price that's one thing. But let's all be nice and not kick him while he is down. I expect more respect out of the Evo community. Maybe we can offer to help this guy out if we can. I know I have an extra AMS intercooler if he needs one for dirt cheap. Don't sell the car. Keep it and fix it up and love it. Too many rich kids buying up Evo's and crashing them because they can't handle the power. Let's keep another Evo on the street guys.

Last edited by jrainwater; Jan 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 12:22 AM

Thumbs up Since you guys had to much to say before you should check out where the car is at now

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ga...ostbaby86.html

still in the middle of the restoration but everything is built for it and its ready for primer
Old Dec 20, 2014, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ga...ostbaby86.html

still in the middle of the restoration but everything is built for it and its ready for primer
Hey man. Keep us up to date if possible, brother. Being a young father,I know what kids are like and they take over priority(as they should). There were some real *******s in this thread, one in particular. Good luck with the build
Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Viegasjuice
Hey man. Keep us up to date if possible, brother. Being a young father,I know what kids are like and they take over priority(as they should). There were some real *******s in this thread, one in particular. Good luck with the build
Thank you very much, check out the thread that I started in the garage the car is my life. Her dad was the reason we were going to sell it before but not anymore
Old Dec 20, 2014, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jrainwater
We all had fun at this poor guys expense and now I feel a little guilty about it. Just had a kid, proly has a million other things to buy for that kid, I have a 12 year old son and believe me kids are expensive as hell. If we are talkin smack about the asking price that's one thing. But let's all be nice and not kick him while he is down. I expect more respect out of the Evo community. Maybe we can offer to help this guy out if we can. I know I have an extra AMS intercooler if he needs one for dirt cheap. Don't sell the car. Keep it and fix it up and love it. Too many rich kids buying up Evo's and crashing them because they can't handle the power. Let's keep another Evo on the street guys.
always the beacon of reason. well said j. being an old guy here i think some of these guys need to think of this as species preservation. trust me trying to find n.o.s. turbo buick parts aint as easy as it used to be. and that will be the fate of the evo as well. i for one applaud boostbaby for his efforts.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by robbyredneck
always the beacon of reason. well said j. being an old guy here i think some of these guys need to think of this as species preservation. trust me trying to find n.o.s. turbo buick parts aint as easy as it used to be. and that will be the fate of the evo as well. i for one applaud boostbaby for his efforts.

I am not a he lol
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

sorry her. not the first time i have seen nail polish holding a die grinder.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
I am not a he lol
took you years to finally get to the stage of primer? Really? Why is this thing that used to be an evo still around. No restoration job can fix this nightmare. I wouldn't waste my time further trying to fix this hunk of metal, I'd suggest you just give it to your local scrap yard for some pocket money. You clearly need it.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
took you years to finally get to the stage of primer? Really? Why is this thing that used to be an evo still around. No restoration job can fix this nightmare. I wouldn't waste my time further trying to fix this hunk of metal, I'd suggest you just give it to your local scrap yard for some pocket money. You clearly need it.
The hate is real lol. People talking **** over the internet don't phase me in the least bit. Check out the shop page see how many cars there are and look at mine and my fiance's personal cars and tell me again what i need. Its not cheap to restore a car 100% so I dont know where you pulled that I need pocket change from. Your clearly that unhappy in life that you need to go around trying to down talk people and their cars. Try working on yourself some

Also I have only had the car for a year at this point so how did it take me years to primer it?? SMH
Old Dec 20, 2014, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
Your probably the biggest P.O.S on this forum. You NEVER contribute to a thread in a positive manner. You must think highly of yourself. Please, post a picture of your car so we can scrutinize it, and it better be the best evolution of all time with the ego and attitude that you portray.

Quick Reply: One of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen on an Evo...