Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Buschur mustache bar (not about noise)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur mustache bar (not about noise)

I am seriously considering going with bushcur's replacement over getting energy suspension bushings installed. I was quoted about 500 to install diff carrier and mustache bar bushings. You can get bushcur's replacement bar and billet diff carrier replacement for only a couple hundred more, saving you the hassle of getting the old bushings out. Direct drop in is kind of appealing because you can install them yourself in a garage much more easily.

One thing that bothers me is how much beefier the oem unit is. I understand the buschur mustache bar can take 800hp launches, but the stress is much much less when locked in by the upgraded carrier bushings. I am wondering if jacking the car from the rear diff would be okay since the load is applied differently.

I also read about a failure when it was paired with energy suspension diff carrier bushings, and there's a version of buschurs diff carrier with poly bushings. This may be with the v1 bar though.

I'd like to hear from people who actually have the buschur mustache bar, which diff carrier set up you have (solid buschur, buschur poly, energy suspension/whiteline in stock housing, etc). Do you jack from the rear diff? And how badly you abuse the car (torque you make, road racing, hpde, drag, etc)

Also wondering what kind of analysis was done with the new design. An FEA would be pretty simple for static loading, but fatigue stress is what I'm concerned about (repeated diff jacking point, launches, etc). I'm not asking buschur to publicly answer that if they don't want to since I know theyre on this forum. I believe this set up is on the bad bish though, which makes a lot of passes = physical testing. I think the bad bish is running solid diff carriers though.

Tldr: buschur mustache bar, solid vs poly diff carrier bushings. how much abuse each?

Ps: do not care about cabin noise. This thread is not about that. If you want a quiet and comfortable cabin, take that discussion to the silk underwear and soft hands lotion thread. I am also aware that they replaced most v1 bars for free.

Thanks