Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo lifer? Or....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ak47po
Then what the hell are you doing here?
I still love watching build threads and like to offer help where I can.

Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
you were probably one if the people who were so desperate to get an evo you settled for a high mileage cheap pos. in your mind "expensive" was probably a $15k evo. Sorry for that price your Gona have nothing but problems

plenty of suckers here on the forum complaining about the same thing you said because they couldn't afford a decent condition car. Good you moved onto something else. This platform was clearly not for you
And it's people like you that make me wonder if I'm on EvoM or HondaTech.

Your grammar sucks, too.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
came from the world of hondas (3 civics, 2 preludes, 2 s2000's, crx, crv, integra, element). then went onto lexus cars (2 sc300's, 2 ls400's) then switched to an e90 335i (my favorite of all my cars) but ended up selling that to pay off some wedding bills. found the evo for a good deal and couldn't pass it up. bought that and drive it on weekends, but still daily my honda element.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Odd. I find the Evo, even the RS, to be plush and gadget-laden.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
I still love watching build threads and like to offer help where I can. And it's people like you that make me wonder if I'm on EvoM or HondaTech. Your grammar sucks, too.
I guess you would know Hondatech since that's where you came from, I however have been with evos my whole life. You just flamed a car on a forum that's made specifically for that car. You also said your still on because you like to offer help and watch build threads...on a car you sold because you disliked it so much? You arnt making any sense. Sorry, but I wouldn't want any "help" from someone like you.

Also double fail for analyzing grammar on the Internet...What you want me to do next professor, write a haiku in it's proper format? Lol loooooosserrrrr

Last edited by RallySport9; Nov 25, 2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue91lx
I still love watching build threads and like to offer help where I can.
Man, your build was cool as hell but you went a bit overboard with it. You could have finished it way sooner and enjoyed driving the car for a while instead of just selling it lol You did everything right on that build but you sold it too soon!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blkmambaVENOM
I guess you would know Hondatech since that's where you came from, I however have been with evos my whole life. You just flamed a car on a forum that's made specifically for that car. You also said your still on because you like to offer help and watch build threads...on a car you sold because you disliked it so much? You arnt making any sense. Sorry, but I wouldn't want any "help" from someone like you.

Also double fail for analyzing grammar on the Internet...What you want me to do next professor, write a haiku in it's proper format? Lol loooooosserrrrr
Dude, relax. This is a forum, where people discuss things. I like Evos. They're fast as hell and handle great. I just had a bad experience, that's all.

Move along.

Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Man, your build was cool as hell but you went a bit overboard with it. You could have finished it way sooner and enjoyed driving the car for a while instead of just selling it lol You did everything right on that build but you sold it too soon!
I totally agree, man. Looking back I realize that, but it's been a lesson learned. I've been taking it easy since then and have actually really been able to enjoy my E30s because of it. New owner hasn't had any issues and is loving the car. And he drives it every day!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Remmz
I don't get why people have trouble having an EVO as a daily man up its not that bad I used to have a 05 sti moved to EVO and hope I will always have it forever
It's not a matter of it being trouble, it's a matter of having a more comfortable car that gets better mileage, is quieter, doesn't draw so much attention, and I don't have to worry about as much for everyday use. It also keeps mileage and wear off of the Evo driving it in crappy traffic where I can't even enjoy driving it anyway.

And once you start modifying the car for autocross and track use, it starts getting not very fun to drive on the street.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlipAngle
It's not a matter of it being trouble, it's a matter of having a more comfortable car that gets better mileage, is quieter, doesn't draw so much attention, and I don't have to worry about as much for everyday use. It also keeps mileage and wear off of the Evo driving it in crappy traffic where I can't even enjoy driving it anyway.

And once you start modifying the car for autocross and track use, it starts getting not very fun to drive on the street.
Makes me glad no one knows wtf an evo is around here. When I had a Camaro people would NOT leave me alone at the gas station. Kept wanting to talk about it, etc.

Seems pretty quiet to me, although I drive a diesel truck for a living. I might be grading on a curve there...

Also glad I don't live in a city and get to avoid this thing you call traffic

All joking aside, that last bit seems self inflicted. Sacrificing so much ride comfort that it becomes almost a chore to drive seems pointless to me. "Hey guys my car is really fast/cool/awesome/etc" "Why don't you ever drive it?" "Oh, it's really not fun on the street"
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:26 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Ancyker
All joking aside, that last bit seems self inflicted. Sacrificing so much ride comfort that it becomes almost a chore to drive seems pointless to me. "Hey guys my car is really fast/cool/awesome/etc" "Why don't you ever drive it?" "Oh, it's really not fun on the street"
For me, I enjoy the car far more on the track than street. I'm not looking to be a ticket magnet anyway. The more I drive, the better I get. The better I get, the more fun I have. I can't get that on the street. I don't need an Evo to go to work. My civic is perfect for that.

Last edited by kaj; Nov 26, 2014 at 10:33 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
For me, I enjoy the car far more on the track than street. I'm not looking to be a ticket magnet anyway. The more I drive, the better I get. The better I get, the more fun I have. I can't get that on the street. I don't need an Evo to go to work. My civic is perfect for that.
I guess if you live near a track that's cool. But, for me, driving 3-4 hours each way and dropping around $300 for under an hour of track time isn't really practical.

Luckily I am blessed with a slew of back roads full of twists and bends. The evo cut nearly 10 minutes off my commute because of its cornering ability alone. (Well, might be the acceleration too, to a point, but mostly it's the cornering)

As for being a ticket magnet, as I said most people don't know what an evo is around here. Cops are no exception. It has 4 doors, no one here would call it a sports car without being told the specs or taken for a ride.

Really just proves every situation is different, and what works in one situation might not in another. If I lived in a city my dd would be an automatic. Hate traffic.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:36 PM

My Evo 7 is my 9th car.

Before that I've had:

2x S13 Silvias
1x S15 Silvia
2x R32 Skylines
1x R34 Skyline

Coming over to an Evo what the last thing I thought i'd do lol
Old Nov 27, 2014, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by TheGeniusMoose
My Evo 7 is my 9th car.

Before that I've had:

2x S13 Silvias
1x S15 Silvia
2x R32 Skylines
1x R34 Skyline

Coming over to an Evo what the last thing I thought i'd do lol
Haha! Nissan to Evo. Why did you let go of the R34? How does the Evo feel compared to the R34? Unfortunately, I will most likely never get to compare them myself.

You listed 7 cars counting the Evo? What were the other two if you don't mind me asking?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
S2K, Civic Si, to Evo X. I'm a lifer but I plan to add other cool cars.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 11:39 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by Ancyker
I guess if you live near a track that's cool. But, for me, driving 3-4 hours each way and dropping around $300 for under an hour of track time isn't really practical.
Hate traffic.
I run Global Time Attack, HPDE, and local autox. The commute to the track is definitely not the funnest part, but the track bug bit me hard, so there's a lot I'd do to get on the race track.

As for traffic, that's a huge part of it. It takes me 25 mins to get across town to pick up my son and it's only 7mins away.

It is nice to hop in the Evo once in a while, though. I appreciate it even more after cruising the civic all week LOL
Old Nov 27, 2014, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I run Global Time Attack, HPDE, and local autox. The commute to the track is definitely not the funnest part, but the track bug bit me hard, so there's a lot I'd do to get on the race track.

As for traffic, that's a huge part of it. It takes me 25 mins to get across town to pick up my son and it's only 7mins away.

It is nice to hop in the Evo once in a while, though. I appreciate it even more after cruising the civic all week LOL
Ouch. For my commute I cover about 28 miles in about 30 minutes.