Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo lifer? Or....

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo lifer? Or....

I was curious as to where a lot of Evo owners came from and want to go? Seems like a lot of us take the same paths. I came from a DSM(99 GS-T) which I loved and had a lot of fun with for a long time. Sold it and wanted something more.... I knew I wanted AWD or RWD next. So, I narrowed my potentials down to: Evo, STi, RX-7 and Supra. I obviously went with the Evo and still love the car to this day. Now, deep into my 30's, I find myself looking at Supras again. Who knows if and when it will happen...

I guess my question is are you still fully content? More directed at you guys that have owned your car for a long time. Always interesting to hear other people's paths.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool story brah
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My first car was a cavalier I drove through high school. After I graduated I started working full time, saved as much money as I could, and in October of 05, bought a brand new TB Evo IX gsr. I love the car and will probably never get rid of it although my tastes too have changed. A couple of years ago I added a c5 Z06 to my fleet to have something RWD, and to track. Long story short, I love my vette but I will be an Evo lifer! lol
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also my my mid-30's. I bought my 2006 Evo 9 MR brand new. Many times I thought of selling it for something else, but couldn't find something that I liked more. I've also invested a lot of time and money into the car to make it mine. Needless to say, I'm attached to it.
I also have a 2012 C63 AMG. RWD, NA V8, polar opposite of the Evo, but I still love driving both. Consider me a lifer.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by AJCaron12
Cool story brah
Thanks, man.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by 06BlackPearlIX
My first car was a cavalier I drove through high school. After I graduated I started working full time, saved as much money as I could, and in October of 05, bought a brand new TB Evo IX gsr. I love the car and will probably never get rid of it although my tastes too have changed. A couple of years ago I added a c5 Z06 to my fleet to have something RWD, and to track. Long story short, I love my vette but I will be an Evo lifer! lol
Very cool. I also like the z06. I just always find myself looking at Supras. I have had a soft spot for those since I was a sophomore in high school.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Thrilla
I'm also my my mid-30's. I bought my 2006 Evo 9 MR brand new. Many times I thought of selling it for something else, but couldn't find something that I liked more. I've also invested a lot of time and money into the car to make it mine. Needless to say, I'm attached to it.
I also have a 2012 C63 AMG. RWD, NA V8, polar opposite of the Evo, but I still love driving both. Consider me a lifer.
Man... That's my problem too. Get so damn attached to my cars.

I love the c63! Tell me it's black??? The exhaust note is mean as hell! Well done sir.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 05:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Attachment is my problem also. I still have my first car, and will always have the Evo. To much hard work and money in it, plus its got so much personality.. not to mention nothing drives like one!
Old Nov 2, 2014, 05:56 PM

Nice to see some other guys who are in there 30s here. I didn't get my Evo until I was 30, always wanted one, especially after my best friend had one fully done back in 2005. After owning a 02 Mustang GT with bolt ons, a 04 srt4 stage 3, 2011 Jeep Wrangler, and now my evo.

I miss my Jeep, especially living in FL but there is something about that Evo that makes me smile. But my next car or DD will be a Jeep again or something quiet, slow, and comfortable.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

i have had my evo for going on 9 yrs, daily driver through every type of condition. had my ups and downs with her, but shes a great car and plan on keep er for a long, long time.

when i pull up to work in a suit and tie with a big wing and loud exhaust, i get some confused looks, but hey, wtf do i care? great car. next car will be a truck and then bike.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:26 PM

Cool to see some 30+ dudes still pushing Evo's. I will always have a fun, fast car no matter how old I am.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mid 20's wanted one for years. Bought my first one in feb. 20k miles all stock WW MR Evo IX.
I'm Litterally buying another WW Evo IX MR 2006 tomorrow to race and DD. Yeah... You can say I'm a lifer. I Also own a z32 TT that I just can't seem to let go. Nothing scares you like RWD
Old Nov 2, 2014, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

1.Mitsu mirage 2.Eclipse gsx 3.Acura integra(turbo) 4. Srt-4 5. Now my Evo.. If I were to get rid of it, it'll have to be for a r35gtr or Hell Cat charger/ challenger.. I like c63s but amgs don't hold great value and everyone I know with one spends more time driving the Benz loaner car than their own car..
Old Nov 3, 2014, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I survived MANY crappy cars before I got the Evo in my late 20s. Almost sold it a few times sitting in-between builds/new kids being born but I quickly changed my mind after driving it again. :}
Old Nov 3, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Got EVO in my mid 20's still have it in my mid 30's

It's in its forever home with me.