Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

new car anxiety

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 02:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
new car anxiety

so i've just got my evo 9 and i'm feeling anxious, i dont want to park it anywhere near a shopping centre, nowhere where i can't keep an eye on it. Everytime I drive it, i'm thinking someone is going to hit me from behind etc etc. is this normal? I have never felt this way about a car and I've had lots of new cars before
Old Nov 24, 2014, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Now you drive an evo... not just a new car. Part of playing the game.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, my ix has been backed into when it was parked, and while I was sitting at a light, a lady slid into my rear bumper. The damage was fixed and it runs better than ever though.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jonno99
so i've just got my evo 9 and i'm feeling anxious, i dont want to park it anywhere near a shopping centre, nowhere where i can't keep an eye on it. Everytime I drive it, i'm thinking someone is going to hit me from behind etc etc. is this normal? I have never felt this way about a car and I've had lots of new cars before
Do you have an aftermarket alarm? If not, GET ONE YESTERDAY!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

BTW, my 8 year old IX is long since paid off but still fully insured. I had my seats stolen out of it not too long after I bought it used in Feb 2008. I didn't realize that the stupid remote door open was not an alarm. I view it as irreplaceable and I sometimes look out at it at 3 in the morning to make sure the Viper's blinker (prominently mounted at the top of the windshield) is flashing and no one is near it. I drive it like I'm riding a motorcycle, contantly watching people in my 6, slowing down to enter cross streets, speeding up to exit. I keep improving it here and there (it just got the TRE rear diff) and every time I do I've got more money sunk in an essentially disposable asset that could disappear at any moment and my anxiety is renewed.

I used to be an non-materialist-type hippy. Now I'm an obsessed petrolhead fretting about an inanimate object. It's kind of a sickness. LOL.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 07:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had my car for a good minute I will have to say my wife still hates the fact that I park far away from the store we are going into. With that being said maybe they need to look into this, cause it may be a (money maker) for doctors! Uh sir you are suffering from evoLusional disease...and you might not make it.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I am gonna invent a Drone that will keep watch on my Evo 24/7.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonno99
i dont want to park it anywhere near a shopping centre (
Get a DD for errands. Evo's were not made to go get groceries.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by wjamyers
Do you have an aftermarket alarm? If not, GET ONE YESTERDAY!
Any good suggestions for aftermarket alarms? I need to get one as well.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue! My previous car was 2007 STi, bought it brand new and had it for 6 years and only put little over 4,000 miles on the car because I only drive the car a few times a year. I would say half of the 4,000 miles was to break car in and get parts installed lol. I just bought a 2004 WW RS with 265 Orignal miles and have put two miles on the car in two months of owning the car. I would be down for a drone that would watch my car, could be a good money maker.......
Old Nov 24, 2014, 09:54 AM

Wow I am glad I'm not the only one that feels like this. I've had lots of cars but my evo is the only one that I felt like this about.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've had the car for almost 6 years and am still very careful with the car. I don't worry about someone hitting me from behind because in that case the person would be held responsible. What I do worry about is shopping carts and people opening their doors into my car so I park very far away.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jmills
Any good suggestions for aftermarket alarms? I need to get one as well.
I have heard of something called ravelco that is like a plug that needs to be put in, in order to start the car...does anyone have experience with this auto theft device ? And how good does it work ?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:17 AM

What good is a alarm? From my exsperience the damage is done buy the time you are out checking on the car, I guess it could stop someone from steeling the car but that's about it.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BubbaKush
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue! My previous car was 2007 STi, bought it brand new and had it for 6 years and only put little over 4,000 miles on the car because I only drive the car a few times a year. I would say half of the 4,000 miles was to break car in and get parts installed lol. I just bought a 2004 WW RS with 265 Orignal miles and have put two miles on the car in two months of owning the car. I would be down for a drone that would watch my car, could be a good money maker.......
Why do you buy performance cars, and NOT drive them..

Quick Reply: new car anxiety